Poll: how close will Brady get to Brees passing yard record with Brees' injury (1 Viewer)

How close will Brady get to Brees' career passing record

• A. He will take the lead

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • B. Within 500 yards

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • C. Within 1000 yards

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • D. Within 1500 yards

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • E. Within 2000 yards

Votes: 16 34.8%

• Total voters

dbg

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Brees is at 74,845 and Brady is at 71,119 a difference of 3,726. How much will Brees' thumb injury allow Brady to close gap.

They are tied at 522 on career TDs, only 17 away from Peyton's all time record. Brady will certainly break that record first so we will have to hear Tom Terrific praise ad nauseam for a week when that happens.

Feels like either would be keeping the seat warm for Mahomes. I think he could legitimately throw for 6000 yards at some point in his career.

On PTI yesterday Steve Young said Mahomes could be the 1st 100K used QB

Brees, Brady, and Manning all have had great runs, and hold (or will hold) very impressive all time records no matter who finishes in which place...

I have honestly stopped worrying about it at this point... and no matter where Drew finishes, he has cemented his place in NFL history.... and can be considered one of the All-Time greats...

TBH... the records that have been put up by Drew and his competition over the years will mean very little in 20 years when the NFL defenses consist of Holograms, and games are Won and Lost based fantasy player points in PPR format... so I have pretty much stopped paying attention except for to say... Oh, that's nice, when Drew accomplishes some milestone.

On PTI yesterday Steve Young said Mahomes could be the 1st 100K used QB

The Jags have a very good defense. Mahomes made them look like a pee wee squad. Barring injury Mahomes looks like he could be the Babe Ruth of football. But injury is real. Brees and Brady are rarities in the NFL. I was largely the one driving the 38 year old crumbling QB theory that took hold a few years ago. Well I was wrong on Brees and Brady. But I don’t think that it’s the new norm. Mahomes could easily follow the trajectory of Rodgers, another big armed QB that takes a bunch of hits.

The Jags have a very good defense. Mahomes made them look like a pee wee squad. Barring injury Mahomes looks like he could be the Babe Ruth of football. But injury is real. Brees and Brady are rarities in the NFL. I was largely the one driving the 38 year old crumbling QB theory that took hold a few years ago. Well I was wrong on Brees and Brady. But I don’t think that it’s the new norm. Mahomes could easily follow the trajectory of Rodgers, another big armed QB that takes a bunch of hits.
I've seen nothing yet that convinced me that Mahomes will play into his late 30's. Longevity takes more than great talent.

I've seen nothing yet that convinced me that Mahomes will play into his late 30's. Longevity takes more than great talent.

But keep in mind that it took Brees 8 seasons (29 years old) to have a 4500 yard season. Mahomes is only 24 years old. He doesn’t have to play into his late 30s to break every record.

Not only is mahomes a very good qb but Andy Toed doesn’t get enough credit for his offensive genious. Everywhere the man went they had good offenses.

think they were saying something similar after Newtons rookie year..... but Mahommes has a solid WR/TE core around him.... and doesnt appear to have a childish attitude like Newton

think they were saying something similar after Newtons rookie year..... but Mahommes has a solid WR/TE core around him.... and doesnt appear to have a childish attitude like Newton

Fair enough, but Mahomes is starting to overdo it with this Magic Johnson “No Look Lasers”. He’s going to pull that rabbit out of his hat at the wrong time and cost Kansas City a major game.

I love the kid, but after Luck (and so many promising players now wearing down at the top of their 30’s), I’m going to hold off on prognosticating longevity for any NFL player.

Back to topic:
How close will Brady get?

Not close enough!

Who Dat!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom