(Poll) How many of you agree with the lawsuit against the NFL about the "non-call"? (1 Viewer)

Do you agree with the lawsuit against the NFL about the "non-call"

• 1) agree

Votes: 56 40.6%
  • 2) disagree

Votes: 32 23.2%
  • 3) don't care

Votes: 31 22.5%
  • 4) tacoes

Votes: 19 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ilvdsnts

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
We were done wrong. That’s factual. Is it an action that has legal consequences? I don’t know. The courts will decide. I can’t stand (what could be considered) unnecessary litigation in 99 out of a 100 cases, but this might be the one time I’m ok with it. It’s not just that we were done wrong, but it’s the way the NFL handled it. The outcome of this will be embarrassment and inconvenience for Roger the Clown and the shield, at the very most. Because they are asking for 75k to keep it out of Federal court, and would award any monetary decision to charity, I’m kind of surprised the NFL is even fooling with it. They could settle this for next to nothing and turn it around. If I were roger, I’d offer twice as much and ride in on a white horse and hand deliver the check to the charity of their choice. Then again, he’s an idiot. I hope the plaintiffs drag roger through the dirt on this.
But it seems like he’s not doing it for the money, he’s doing it to peel back the curtain on the NFL so I don’t think he would accept a settlement for ANY amount.

bobad

Son of Adam
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Agree. I don't care if we lose the case as long as it brings the NFL's ineptitude and hypocrisy to light. Most of the world knows Goodell is a clown, I want the rest of the world to know.

UFCSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Nothing will come of it but if it drags Goodell through court over the next year or two I am good with it.

WestCoastFan

Veteran Starter
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I would love to hear why Roger Goodell didn't enact rule 17-2. That rule seems to have been written for this exact circumstance.

mccombmike

All-Pro
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think the Saints should agree to drop the lawsuit in exchange for a compensatory first round pick. They screwed up bad. They should have to pay a price. Having 2 #1s next year seems like a good deal to me.

Cajun Chat

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This has been the most difficult loss (as I'm sure most of you would agree) that I've ever struggled to get over. I've posted before that I feel like part of my fandom soul was taken. I know there are more important things in life. I try to live that way everyday. Some day are better than others.

All that said, I'm trying to move past it. I don't care about a law suit. It's over. Nothing will change. It's time for us, collectively as the WhoDat Nation, to move on like our team has to, as difficult as it may be. WhoDat!

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score
Just the "possibility" of getting Roger under oath in a deposition is worth it. It's a local attorney behind it, so he's not just some yahoo off the street. Most likely to just get publicity for his practice but...to perp walk the Comish...(y)(y)(y)
Well it looks like that is going to happen...

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and three referees from the controversial "No Call" NFC Championship game will face depositions in New Orleans over the botched call.

Civil Court Judge Nicole Sheppard says the depositions of NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and three referees should occur in New Orleans sometime in September.

The word came after a status conference with attorneys and the judge this morning.

dutar76

3rd Year Pro
Reaction score
Not to be crappy, but I mostly dont care. A court case wont change anything and it wont bring anything to light. If this even happens Goodell's answers will sound a lot like SP's player injury updates. He'll say some words, none with any substance. He will say a bad call was made in real time and that the shield, I mean league... changed the rules to prevent this in the future.

I'm still ticked about that no-call, but I'm just as ticked about the no-call roughing the pass on Fowler in overtime. That was just as blatant and doesnt get much press. It was the exact opposite of the "call" that had a huge effect on the outcome of the KC/NE game on the same day. Setting up the worst superbowl in NFL history.

Hedon James

the agitant f/k/a Jekylz Hyde
Reaction score
Garden of Hedon...wherever I am, there I are...
It won't change anything, but I'm vicariously anticipating the joy of watching Goodell and his four minion referees squirm and stutter under deposition. It will be good to remind him that he isn't too big or important to answer questions. Plus, I'm wondering what he'll pack for lunch, or if he even bothers to leave the courthouse, being that no one will serve him in NO; and if he does get served, he probably shouldn't eat it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom