(Poll) How many of you agree with the lawsuit against the NFL about the "non-call"? (1 Viewer)

Do you agree with the lawsuit against the NFL about the "non-call"

• 1) agree

Votes: 56 40.6%
  • 2) disagree

Votes: 32 23.2%
  • 3) don't care

Votes: 31 22.5%
  • 4) tacoes

Votes: 19 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't like it for the sole fact that it won't change the outcome of last season, and now if we win the super bowl this year, people will just say that the NFL gave it to us for this incident... we have enough idiots saying that they gave us the last one, or we cheated to get it.

I’ve been saying this since the incident happened. Brees’ last year is most likely going to be a waste. If we win everyone will think it’s handed to us and anything other than a SB win is a waste this year. We can’t win, either way. This is yet another reason on the long list of reasons why I just can’t get into it anymore. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again I won’t be happy until goodell gets hit by a bus. Literally.

They legit stole a super bowl from us, nothing will convince me otherwise. We would’ve beaten the patriots. Drew would have titles against Brady and Manning. Coach would have two championships and be a lock for the HOF. Legacies were crushed because of what they did and nothing will ever ease my resentment. They screwed us hard, way worse than the bountygate joke where they again, screwed us hard.

We were done wrong. That’s factual. Is it an action that has legal consequences? I don’t know. The courts will decide. I can’t stand (what could be considered) unnecessary litigation in 99 out of a 100 cases, but this might be the one time I’m ok with it. It’s not just that we were done wrong, but it’s the way the NFL handled it. The outcome of this will be embarrassment and inconvenience for Roger the Clown and the shield, at the very most. Because they are asking for 75k to keep it out of Federal court, and would award any monetary decision to charity, I’m kind of surprised the NFL is even fooling with it. They could settle this for next to nothing and turn it around. If I were roger, I’d offer twice as much and ride in on a white horse and hand deliver the check to the charity of their choice. Then again, he’s an idiot. I hope the plaintiffs drag roger through the dirt on this.
But it seems like he’s not doing it for the money, he’s doing it to peel back the curtain on the NFL so I don’t think he would accept a settlement for ANY amount.

Agree. I don't care if we lose the case as long as it brings the NFL's ineptitude and hypocrisy to light. Most of the world knows Goodell is a clown, I want the rest of the world to know.

Nothing will come of it but if it drags Goodell through court over the next year or two I am good with it.

I would love to hear why Roger Goodell didn't enact rule 17-2. That rule seems to have been written for this exact circumstance.

I think the Saints should agree to drop the lawsuit in exchange for a compensatory first round pick. They screwed up bad. They should have to pay a price. Having 2 #1s next year seems like a good deal to me.

This has been the most difficult loss (as I'm sure most of you would agree) that I've ever struggled to get over. I've posted before that I feel like part of my fandom soul was taken. I know there are more important things in life. I try to live that way everyday. Some day are better than others.

All that said, I'm trying to move past it. I don't care about a law suit. It's over. Nothing will change. It's time for us, collectively as the WhoDat Nation, to move on like our team has to, as difficult as it may be. WhoDat!

Just the "possibility" of getting Roger under oath in a deposition is worth it. It's a local attorney behind it, so he's not just some yahoo off the street. Most likely to just get publicity for his practice but...to perp walk the Comish...(y)(y)(y)

Well it looks like that is going to happen...

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and three referees from the controversial "No Call" NFC Championship game will face depositions in New Orleans over the botched call.

Civil Court Judge Nicole Sheppard says the depositions of NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and three referees should occur in New Orleans sometime in September.

The word came after a status conference with attorneys and the judge this morning.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom