(Poll) How many of you agree with the lawsuit against the NFL about the "non-call"? (1 Viewer)

Do you agree with the lawsuit against the NFL about the "non-call"

• 1) agree

Votes: 56 40.6%
  • 2) disagree

Votes: 32 23.2%
  • 3) don't care

Votes: 31 22.5%
  • 4) tacoes

Votes: 19 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not to be crappy, but I mostly dont care. A court case wont change anything and it wont bring anything to light. If this even happens Goodell's answers will sound a lot like SP's player injury updates. He'll say some words, none with any substance. He will say a bad call was made in real time and that the shield, I mean league... changed the rules to prevent this in the future.

I'm still ticked about that no-call, but I'm just as ticked about the no-call roughing the pass on Fowler in overtime. That was just as blatant and doesnt get much press. It was the exact opposite of the "call" that had a huge effect on the outcome of the KC/NE game on the same day. Setting up the worst superbowl in NFL history.

It won't change anything, but I'm vicariously anticipating the joy of watching Goodell and his four minion referees squirm and stutter under deposition. It will be good to remind him that he isn't too big or important to answer questions. Plus, I'm wondering what he'll pack for lunch, or if he even bothers to leave the courthouse, being that no one will serve him in NO; and if he does get served, he probably shouldn't eat it.

look, I was mad when the call didn't happen. and it took a very long time to get over it. while the trial will be fun just for the fact that someone is calling the League out on their questionable practices, nothing will happen in the end.

look, I was mad when the call didn't happen. and it took a very long time to get over it. while the trial will be fun just for the fact that someone is calling the League out on their questionable practices, nothing will happen in the end.
I think most already know that.

Don't agree with the lawsuit, but with the recent ruling there's a good chance we get to see Goodell squirm in a deposition. That's a good thing. ?

Yup, this.

The lawsuit itself is a joke. And normally I skew to the tort reform side of these things. But -- a privately-held, multi-billion dollar operation with no independent board member oversight AND a sweetheart anti-trust exemption from the government???? And one that routinely runs captive, result-oriented, star chamber "internal investigations" that adversely impact hundreds of thousands to millions of customers?

I wanna see that clown deposed at the very least. And the referees also. Let's let a bit of sunlight in on the cockroaches and see if they run anywhere interesting. I just hope the guy hires a really good bulldog litigator for the deposition rather than trying to do it himself.

I fully agree with it, not for last season, or to somehow get revenge on whoever. I simply support it for the integrity of the game for the fans and the players. If our no call puts an end to horrible officiating, then I am 100% satisfied. Fans pay good money to support their teams and players devote their lives to this sport, ripping it away from either the fan or the player is unbelievably wrong. Especially, from a bs no call that was so blatantly a penalty.

Let’s put the pressure on him under oath. TThe slimeball needs to squirm

It won't change anything, but I'm vicariously anticipating the joy of watching Goodell and his four minion referees squirm and stutter under deposition. It will be good to remind him that he isn't too big or important to answer questions. Plus, I'm wondering what he'll pack for lunch, or if he even bothers to leave the courthouse, being that no one will serve him in NO; and if he does get served, he probably shouldn't eat it.

I'm all for it. One reason, along with everyone else, making G'dell squirm for however long it lasts. (And I most definitely agree he should bring his own food from NY. Man, what a couple of drops of Visine can do! ?)

But the other reason is, I disagree to a certain degree that nothing will come of it (or at least I fervently hope it). I have my fingers crossed that whomever does the questioning of these 4 (and I believe they cannot be in the courtroom together during the questioning of the others) causes even the tiniest crack in someone's testimony and attacks that tiny crack with a jackhammer! At the very least there could be a perjury charge - or a deal made. I know it's a long, long, looooooong shot, but even if it gets the NFL to hire (or train) professional zebras that could be held accountable for blatent "mistakes", I would consider that a big win. Even just opening the eyes of most other teams fans would count for me. That's why I hope this tiny, little lawsuit can make it through to the very end. At the very, very least it would set a precedent that fans can sue the mighty NFL in state court and win. That might cause some changes to how the NFL does business, since they gotta keep that shield shiny and lawsuits in every NFL state would surely start to stain it.

Last edited:
I like poking the bear but it shines a bad light on the Saints and fans IMO. Cue 'Let It Go"

Also, maybe I'm missing an inside joke but...

?‍♂️

I have my fingers crossed that whomever does the questioning of these 4 (and I believe they cannot be in the courtroom together during the questioning of the others) causes even the tiniest crack in someone's testimony and attacks that tiny crack with a jackhammer! At the very least there could be a perjury charge - or a deal made. I know it's a long, long, looooooong shot, but even if it gets the NFL to hire (or train) professional zebras that could be held accountable for blatent "mistakes", I would consider that a big win. Even just opening the eyes of most other teams fans would count for me. That's why I hope this tiny, little lawsuit can make it through to the very end. At the very, very least it would set a precedent that fans can sue the mighty NFL in state court and win. That might cause some changes to how the NFL does business, since they gotta keep that shield shiny and lawsuits in every NFL state would surely start to stain it.
Depositions are not held in courtrooms, they are usually held in conference rooms at a law firm. All personally named parties are allowed to attend (I haven't seen the caption but I'm guessing the refs weren't named, but are fact witnesses).

The only thing this lawsuit will do is get the little bit of attention it's getting and let fans of other teams roll their eyes at Saints fans.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom