Poll: If You Were an NFL Player, Would You Opt-Out for 2020 Season? (1 Viewer)

If You Were an NFL Player, Would You Opt-Out for 2020 Season?

• No and wouldn't be very concerned

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • No, but would be concerned

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • May start the season but ready to walk if it gets bad

Votes: 15 13.0%
  • Yes and wouldn't second guess yourself

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • Yes, but will question choice a lot during the season

Votes: 7 6.1%

• Total voters

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
So if you, thinking as a super healthy player in top condition, would you choose to play or opt-out this season and some reasons why would be great! Thx in advance

Me, I'd sit out. But that's the 60 plus-year-old mind saying that. When I was 25, I felt bullet-proof, so I would very likely play. My younger adrenaline and testosterone would have made that decision for me.

Which NFL player am I?

If I am a player like Rus Wilson and I have a zillion dollars in the bank already.... Yeah, I'd probably sit this one out..... If I am a 21 year old UDFA trying to make a roster and pay my bills... I'm playing.

If I could make $500K+/year by playing football, there's no way I would opt out.

They already face very real risks of brain trauma, knee damage, etc. - CTE is arguably worse than COVID; the experts do not really know the extent of risk as to either of these conditions.

The virus doesn’t care if I play football or not. I might as well play since I’m not going to withdraw from the world and become a subsistence farmer anyway.

If you could just elect to stop whenever you want, what was the point of the opt-out deadline?

Yes.

Folks have to understand this isn't just 'some virus'. It has been shown to cause cardiovascular damage as well as brain damage in some. We don't know to the extent yet how long lasting this is.

It's one year. Why not play it safe?
because, the life of most nfl players is only 3 years. you can't afford to miss any seasons.

While most of the rest of the US is back at work making a small fraction of these guys salaries, Opting Out would not be an option. Police Officers, Fire Fighters, EMT's, Hospital Workers, Military Personnel, Etc don't get an option to Opt Out from their jobs.

I'd play.

And it seems like 95% of the league agrees with me.

I'm already introverted somewhat. I'd just only go out for essential duties like I'm doing now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom