Poll: If You Were an NFL Player, Would You Opt-Out for 2020 Season? (1 Viewer)

If You Were an NFL Player, Would You Opt-Out for 2020 Season?

• No and wouldn't be very concerned

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • No, but would be concerned

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • May start the season but ready to walk if it gets bad

Votes: 15 13.0%
  • Yes and wouldn't second guess yourself

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • Yes, but will question choice a lot during the season

Votes: 7 6.1%

• Total voters
Play. Not sure sitting out will make the players safer. One doesn't catch the virus from themselves, they catch it from others. No matter how careful you are, someone else won't be.

In the war between an individual and the virus, they have to be successful 1000's of times, the virus only once.

No it means the game will always go on. Just as we’ve seen every year, when one player goes down and another steps in and shines sometimes it’s hard to get your spot back.

That’s fair - but that’s not what Prime is saying.

Which NFL player am I?

If I am a player like Rus Wilson and I have a zillion dollars in the bank already.... Yeah, I'd probably sit this one out..... If I am a 21 year old UDFA trying to make a roster and pay my bills... I'm playing.
I see it the opposite, if I’m a 21 yo UDFA trying to make a roster and pay my bills, if I opt in and then don’t make the roster I’ve got nothing. But by opting out I’m guaranteed a salary and 1 accrued year of the 3 I need to be vested in the league retirement system.

I see it the opposite, if I’m a 21 yo UDFA trying to make a roster and pay my bills, if I opt in and then don’t make the roster I’ve got nothing. But by opting out I’m guaranteed a salary and 1 accrued year of the 3 I need to be vested in the league retirement system.

This is not correct. You don’t accrue a year and the money they pay you is an advance on next seasons salary. They will take it out of your pay next year and if you don’t make a team then you have to pay it back anyway. And it’s 150k for an udfa and most who opted out turned it down because they don’t want to have to pay it back.

Last edited:

It depends. Do I have a wife or a kid that is severely immunocompromised, and am I pretty comfortable financially? Or am I a fully healthy, single, and young rookie who is trying to make a name for himself and earn a salary? These are just two examples I could think of, but there are different factors to consider.

Pretty sure that‘s exactly what it means. If your not out there playing someone else will be and by sitting out your giving that person the opportunity to take your job.

That’s a nice interpretation, I get that’s what you want it to be that he’s saying. I’d be with you if that’s what he was saying.

But that’s not what those words mean.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom