!!! POLL !!! Make your Rodgers-Cromartie Stand HERE. (1 Viewer)

Is Cromartie worth #10?

• Yes, he's a steal at 10, and I'd take him.

Votes: 58 28.2%
  • Sure, he's top 10 talent, but I'd take someone else before him.

Votes: 52 25.2%
  • No, not in the top ten...possibly not in the first half of the first round.

Votes: 96 46.6%

• Total voters
There is a guy the Saints can have playing for them next year at CB who compares very favorably to DRC and is a 3rd rounder.

DRC - 6'2" / 38" vert / 10'11" broad jump / 4.3 sec 40 yrd dash / 2.51 sec 20 yrd split

Senior year - 37 tackles, 11 passes defended, 2 ints
Career - 39 games, 11 ints, 158 tackles

My guy - 6'0" / 43" vert / 10'11" broad jump / 4.4 sec 40 yrd dash / 2.51 sec 20 yrd split

Senior year - 60 tackles, 6 passes defended, 3 ints
Career - 37 games, 9 ints, 198 tackles

Pretty darned comparable, huh?

Notice the vertical makes my guy play taller than DRC by three inches. Also, he was a semifinalist for the Draddy Trophy in 2006, which recognizes a college player for his combined success in academics, football performance and community leadership.

The smart ones have already figured it out. My guy is Usama Young.

you posted that in one of the other 200 DRC threads already, be original.
It would be great to have 2 amazing athletes as our future at CB.
I hopw Usama wins a starting job next season, I think he will.

you posted that in one of the other 200 DRC threads already, be original.
It would be great to have 2 amazing athletes as our future at CB.
I hopw Usama wins a starting job next season, I think he will.

Note the title to the my original post on this thread. Also, I would love to have two great corners, I'm simply pointing out that our corner situation wouldn't be improved significantly this year by drafting DRC.

Last edited:
Post Title!!!!!!!!!!

I never noticed that there were titles at the top of posts sorry, but I was joking anway.

Why have one in young when you can have two for twice the price? I think he is top 10 but i will take someone before him on the front 7. i think DT or WLB is more of a need for our pass rush. I have said though if we were back to square one and had no FA pick ups we would be able to stop the run but can't stop the pass. A CB really makes the most sense. I want a new style defense though.

I can't wait for the wonderlic scores to come out.

I like DRC, and don't have a problem disagreeing with Mayock, he did choose Chris Houston last year to champion, like McKelvin this year.

while Derrell Revis stole the show and houston fell to the second round.

DRC will go in the 1st round , but not top ten. should we trade down and get him maybe. I also think Dan Conner is a value down the draft board.

He is a reach at 20 but I defer to the coaches who watch the film. If both DT's are gone, I have no problem with picking DRC if they like the upside. They reached for Usama for the same reason: upside. McKelvin seems the higher rated prospect on mock drafts on the internet. Presumably some of those guys have seen film. Jenkins sometimes is ranked higher, but I don't think SP will mesh with Jenkins' reported work ethic. Too bad there is no website with 10 game films on the first 64 ranked prospects.

Usama had a 43" verticle? Was he on a trampoline? I've never seen that before.

If Dorsey or Ellis are there @ 10...then you take one of them ahead of DRC. That's a no brainer.

If no Dorsey or Ellis...then take DRC.

I say its hard to argue with the so-called experts Mayok and a few others are agreeing on DRC at 10. I have been campagining for DRC since the combine. Course the SSF is full of experts too. We were the worst team in stopping the big plays last year, we were so-so on stopping the run. With the new LB ers we have and some new Dline guidance we should be better pressuring the QB, so go with the corner

"new Dline guidance"...lol.

There is a guy the Saints can have playing for them next year at CB who compares very favorably to DRC and is a 3rd rounder.

DRC - 6'2" / 38" vert / 10'11" broad jump / 4.3 sec 40 yrd dash / 2.51 sec 20 yrd split

Senior year - 37 tackles, 11 passes defended, 2 ints
Career - 39 games, 11 ints, 158 tackles

My guy - 6'0" / 43" vert / 10'11" broad jump / 4.4 sec 40 yrd dash / 2.51 sec 20 yrd split

Senior year - 60 tackles, 6 passes defended, 3 ints
Career - 37 games, 9 ints, 198 tackles

Pretty darned comparable, huh?

Notice the vertical makes my guy play taller than DRC by three inches. Also, he was a semifinalist for the Draddy Trophy in 2006, which recognizes a college player for his combined success in academics, football performance and community leadership.

The smart ones have already figured it out. My guy is Usama Young.

very interesting info. I don't know if it means that they are comparable football players, since stats only tell part of the story, but interesting nonetheless.

way too much hype here for this player who will be taken at the end of the first round or in the 2d...

Not Another Drc Thread!!?!??!!?

The reason why there are repeat threads is because either someone has something new to say or they dont see or can't find an old thread. The reason there are moderators here is to merge these threads if necessary. But these threads are like music cd's, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN DON'T BUY IT, in this case DON'T REPLY.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom