Poll: What will Saints do with K Garrett Hartley? (1 Viewer)

What will Saints do with K Garrett Hartley?

• Still keep Carney and not let Hartley play until next season

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Keep Carney and release or trade Hartley to another team

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Keep Hartley and let Carney go after this year

Votes: 31 55.4%
  • Keep both Carney and Hartley and let them both go after the PK job

Votes: 14 25.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I wanted to post this on the polls, but I was not able to because I guess as a new poster I do not have these privileges, so I want to ask on this post:

If you were Saints Coach Sean Payton, what would you do with PK Garrett Hartley, who was suspended for the first 4 games of the year for use of an illegal substance, and despite the suspension being over, has not seen action since the Saints signed John Carney and punter Thomas Morstead has taken over kickoff duties:
1. Still keep Carney and not let Hartley play until next season
2. Keep Carney and release or trade Hartley to another team
3. Keep Hartley and let Carney go after this year
4. Keep both Carney and Hartley and let them both go after the PK job
5. Keep Hartley and let Carney go before the end of the season
Delta Boy - not sure why it didn't work for you, but I posted the poll for you. Cha-Ching

Last edited:
You forgot, "Keep Hartley and release Carney before the end of this season."

5. Keep Hartley and release Carney to make roster room since we got dinged up last week.

They had an article on ESPN insider the other day about this saying Hartley might be activated within the next couple of weeks, but I'm pretty sure it was pure speculation.

I dont think we should mess with any changes right now in the kicking game unless Carney starts to miss field goals.

Quick question. Was Carney on the Giants when they won the SuperBowl or was he still with us?

I dont think we should mess with any changes right now in the kicking game unless Carney starts to miss field goals.

Quick question. Was Carney on the Giants when they won the SuperBowl or was he still with us?

1. He has missed FGs....and an XP.

2. Carney's only year with NY was last year.....and PIT won the SB.

1. He has missed FGs....and an XP.

2. Carney's only year with NY was last year.....and PIT won the SB.

I wouldnt really blame any of those misses on Carney.

I watched the replay several times, the hold was late getting down but was a good placement. Carney just couldn't adjust to the missed timing. That said I believe Payton has shown little tolerance for kickers who don't get results and two missed XP's in two games is not getting the job done. I think Carney is gone and I wouldn't be at all surprised if it happens this week.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom