Poll: Which Conspiracy Theory Do You Believe Most? (1 Viewer)

Which Conspiracy Theory Do You Believe the Most?

• Aliens have landed on earth and the U.S. government is hiding it.

Votes: 70 22.2%
  • George Bush stole the 2000 election.

Votes: 46 14.6%
  • 9/11 was an inside job, cooked up by the Bush Administration

Votes: 18 5.7%
  • George Bush stole the 2004 election.

Votes: 8 2.5%
  • The Kennedy assassination was an inside job, cooked up by the CIA/LBJ/mob.

Votes: 98 31.0%
  • FDR knew the Japanese were going to attack Pearl Harbor.

Votes: 30 9.5%
  • We never landed on the moon.

Votes: 21 6.6%
  • Other: I'll explain.

Votes: 25 7.9%

• Total voters
You left out the more likely version of 9/11, akin to FDR and Pearl Harbor -- that someone somewhere in the bureaucracy had the intel and knew it was coming but neglected to act.

Aliens...

I thought GB did steal the 2000 election and Carlos killed JFK.

I put JFK. I don't believe any of them, but based on my interpretation of the question, that one seems the most likely to me. In other words, it's the one I'd be least surprised to hear if indisputable evidence came out proving it.

I put JFK. I don't believe any of them, but based on my interpretation of the question, that one seems the most likely to me. In other words, it's the one I'd be least surprised to hear if indisputable evidence came out proving it.

It's almost impossible that FDR did not know that Pearl Harbor was a top target.

He left the commanders at Pearl completely out of the loop on intel.

I've studied the Kennedy assassination for years and have read many, many books on the subject. There is not one iota of evidence that the mob was involved nor that Oswald and Ruby had any involvement with the mob or to one another. In fact, there are a lot of facts about the case that would completely negate any possible mafia involvement. All evidence overwhelmingly and indisputably points to Oswald being the lone assassin (and that is a statement that has stood the test of time). I'm not sure if you want to go any more in depth than this. Maybe it's for another thread.

What book(s) would you recommend to convince someone that Oswald acted completely alone?

BTW, I voted for the JFK conspiracy.

I'd vote for the JFK assassination, but not necessarily that any of the parties mentioned were (or were not) involved.

There is a preponderance of evidence (albeit much of it more of the circumstantial than of the concrete nature) which suggests that Lee Harvey Oswald did not act alone and on his own accord in the plot.

Further, a similar preponderance exists, one which suggests that there was indeed a cover-up of something sinister.

Too many non-S.O.P. things happened for me to simply accept the Warren Commission's report at face value, including (but not limited to):

-numerous eyewitness accounts of men being seen, shots being heard, combusted gunpowder being smelled near the infamous Grassy Knoll. Photos showing men behind the white picket fence are also included;

-key seconds of the Zapruder film are missing;

-another witness reported having a videocamera confiscated (by someone who identified themselves as law enforcement), receiving threats from law enforcement if they spoke, etc.

-"...back and to the left..."

-and so on and so forth

There's even a theory which suggests that Oswald did indeed fire the first shots at the president, but those shots missed. Reflexively, the limo driver rapidly accellerated, causing a secret service agent to lose his balance, lurch forward, and bang his weapon against the car, causing the weapon to discharge the fatal bullet into Kennedy's skull. The ensuing cover-up was (again, in theory) to avoid the ensuing fallout of explaining such a "mortal error" to the adoring public.

At any rate, a post-assassination cover-up took place, in one form or another.

What book(s) would you recommend to convince someone that Oswald acted completely alone?

Good question. For a lighter, cheaper read, I highly recommend "Case Closed" by Gerald Posner. When I first read that book, it single-handedly changed me from being an indignant conspiracy theorist, to being totally convinced that Oswald acted alone. You can get it at a bookstore for $10-$15.

I would also recommend another book, but only if you're serious about getting as much info as possible. Vincent Bugliosi's new book "Reclaiming History" sets out to debunk just about every single claim that conspiracy theorists have made in the last 40+ years. For that reason the book is over 1,500 pages (with a CD-Rom that includes over 900 pages of endnotes). Bugliosi is the world-famous prosecutor who put Charles Manson behind bars and he's also known for the book "Outrage" about the O.J. trial. "Reclaiming History" took over 20 years to write, and it is thoroughly researched (some would say he overdid it). "Reclaiming History" isn't for casual readers. But I just finished it a couple weeks ago (took me over 3 months) and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The book is about $50 if you get it at a bookstore, but I got it for a little over $20 off of Amazon.

I'd be willing to bet that after you read either of those two books, all your doubts about the JFK assassination will be eliminated.

There's even a theory which suggests that Oswald did indeed fire the first shots at the president, but those shots missed. Reflexively, the limo driver rapidly accellerated, causing a secret service agent to lose his balance, lurch forward, and bang his weapon against the car, causing the weapon to discharge the fatal bullet into Kennedy's skull. The ensuing cover-up was (again, in theory) to avoid the ensuing fallout of explaining such a "mortal error" to the adoring public.

I watched a show about this theory and it actually made sense considering the way everything seems to be poorly explained away by authorities. There was a supposed eye witness account of a secret service agent, making a phone call immediately after the assassination, telling a superior that there had been a terrible, terrible accident. I think it's very interesting at any rate.

Too many non-S.O.P. things happened for me to simply accept the Warren Commission's report at face value, including (but not limited to):

-numerous eyewitness accounts of men being seen, shots being heard, combusted gunpowder being smelled near the infamous Grassy Knoll. Photos showing men behind the white picket fence are also included;
The theory of suspicious men being seen has been put to rest. Any "suspicious" men have been identified including the three tramps (we know who they were), mysterious "Secret Service" agents have been indentified (none of whom were secret service agents), and any other claims of suspicious figures in photographs, or behind the grassy knoll (there were none). Who smelled combusted gunpowder?

-key seconds of the Zapruder film are missing;
False. There are two or three frames that are missing, but none of those minute frames have any significance. The frames are missing because of the overuse of the actual original film. If the Zapruder film were actually manipulated, wouldn't the conspirators want to erase the "back and to the left" motion that theorists claim points to prove a grassy knoll gunman? (more on that in a sec).

-another witness reported having a videocamera confiscated (by someone who identified themselves as law enforcement), receiving threats from law enforcement if they spoke, etc.
What's interesting about this one (and others like it) is that the person didn't make this claim until years and years after the assassination. There were no such statements in the months/years immediately following the event itself. Other people who make statements similar to these (like Jean Hill) told one story to the FBI on 11/22/63 and an entirely different story 15-20 years later after writing their own book on the subject. No credibility or evidence of these claims whatsoever.

-"...back and to the left..."

Study the Zapruder film frame by frame. His head actually goes forward approximately 2 inches (according to official studies) and then propels back and to the left as his brain matter explodes out of the exit wound in the front of his head. And all of the autopsy photos confirm an entrance wound in the back and the exit wound in the front.

Not even some of the more goofy conspiracy theorists (Mark Lane, Bob Groden, etc) believe that theory. The guy who proposed this theory has been made to look like a complete fool.

At any rate, a post-assassination cover-up took place, in one form or another.

Tell me more.

Last edited:
Who smelled combusted gunpowder?

It's been a decade and a half since I read my last book on the subject. I don't remember specifics, but it was one of the witnesses interviewed in the immediate aftermath of the assassination.

False. There are two or three frames that are missing, but none of those minute frames have any significance.

According to whom? And how do these people know that only "two or three frames...are missing, but none of those minute frames have any significance"? There's a lot of room for conjecture and/or creative speculation, there.

Study the Zapruder film frame by frame. His head actually goes forward approximately 2 inches (according to official studies) and then propels back and to the left as his brain matter explodes out of the exit wound in the front of his head. And all of the autopsy photos confirm an entrance wound in the back and the exit wound in the front.

There's credibility in this possibility. Keyword being "possibility".

Not even some of the more goofy conspiracy theorists (Mark Lane, Bob Groden, etc) believe that theory. The guy who proposed this theory has been made to look like a complete fool.

So have many other eyewitnesses. There's a rather disturbing pattern of people who were there and witnessed the events unfold being tarred and feathered. That just doesn't pass the smell test.

Tell me more.

Again, it's been over 15 years since I was an avid JFK buff, but consider:

-the disappearance and/or silencing of key witnesses
-the disappearance of evidence (like say, for example, dude's noggin)
-the disappearance of key participants (alleged or otherwise)
-the changing of the parade route
-the sealing of documents
-etc.

If you want to accept the Warren Commission's report at face value, then please don't think I'm here to change your mind. I'm not going to be like one of these whack job religious nuts who is intent on converting every single person they find to their specific belief system (or anything of that nature). I can accept that others may have read different material than I have, have different skill sets with regards to being able to understand and interpret some of the evidences presented, or simply arrive at conclusions different than mine. I don't need agreement for validation of my personal thoughts and opinions on the matter.

I don't find myself in one particular camp or another; I simply believe that a cover-up of some sort took place post-assassination. With a plethora of un-answered questions still remaining, it's hard to believe otherwise.

I am a believer in the area 51 conspiracy...

You're wrong. It's Area 52. Area 51 is just a decoy.

Also, JFK was killed after government medical researchers working out of an apartment in New Orleans accidentally invented AIDS and also unleashed a cancer epidemic.

The Kennedy assassination still captivates and horrifies us and troubles the American psyche.

After it's all said and done, I've come to the conclusion that the "single nut" theory embraced by the Warren Commission is probably the "single nut" fact. They didn't get everything right, but they got it right enough.

There was no "magic bullet" like Olver Stone showed in JFK, not if you put Connely in a lower level jump seat, turning to his left and everything lines up.

In the end, the hush-hush, classified, sealed records thusfar revealed have shown nothing to change my mind. Indeed, many of them were sealed to keep up the image of the fallen president and his family. Unknown to the country at large, his dallinces with women were notorious and the FBI had it all documented.

That was the big secret, not some assassinaton conspiracy. Marilyn Monroe...not Castro or Carlos Marcello. Keeping a secret that everybody knew.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom