Poll: Which position on the defense would you draft for first if there were studs on the board at all 3 areas of need? (1 Viewer)

There are studs on the board at DL, LB, and secondary...what do you pick first?

• Defensive line (DE/DT)

Votes: 30 22.2%
  • Linebacker

Votes: 66 48.9%
  • Secondary (CB/SS/FS)

Votes: 39 28.9%

• Total voters
:plus-un2: See Patrick Willis this year, and Demeco Ryans last year. We need immediate impact before our window of opportunity closes.

We have to get better at CB via free agency, as well as DT. Neither of these positions seem to make an immediate impact.

Don't forget Beason, Sims, DJ Williams, Vilma, Hawk, David Harris, Rudd, Tatupu and many others.

If we dont get Vilma or Briggs somehow, I really want to go LBER.

I would love an impact linebacker like Laurinaitis, although DT would come in closely behind.
What we are ultimately doing this offseason is a building a defense capable of winning a championship, and to do that we need to start up the middle, with fresh faces at the DT and MLB positions.
I trust our FO to make the right moves.

A little off topic, but last night I had a weird dream as I usually do.
In this one, I saw my dream draft. All the Saints picks were read at once.
We picked up Laurinaitis in the first, Keith Rivers in the second and Frank Okam in the third. That is all I really remember apart from running around yelling when I heard we got Laurinaitis, and seeing him in a Saints uni.
I really am spending too much time on SR, and looking up possible Saints offseason pickups:covri:

I would have to go with a cornerback--less stud CB's come around these days

Rey Manaluwhatever from usc is the lber I want. He is an all over the field stud tackling machine and sack monster. He looked awesome in usc's bowl game! I would love to go secondary in the first round, but the secondary won't pressure the qb like a great linebacker. For me it all starts up front with the pressure from the front seven.

Rey Manaluwhatever from usc is the lber I want. He is an all over the field stud tackling machine and sack monster. He looked awesome in usc's bowl game! I would love to go secondary in the first round, but the secondary won't pressure the qb like a great linebacker. For me it all starts up front with the pressure from the front seven.

He has stated repeatedly, before and after their bowl game, that he is not coming out and will return for his senior season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom