Poor effort by those running game-day experience (1 Viewer)

Spec

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Our defense was abysmal today, but I would argue that the personnel who set up the game-day experience were just as woeful.
No wifi signal was available the entire game. When the Saints lay an egg, at least fans should be able to amuse themselves during timeouts by going online and checking their fantasy team's stats, etc. I cannot fathom in this day and age how the Dome is incapable of providing wifi for everyone at the game. I went to the LSU-Miami game in Dallas, and the wifi at Jerry World was excellent.

So without wifi, I am forced to watch the dung that the Saints try to pass off as entertainment during timeouts. All of these "cams" and contests are just glorified ads. And there has been absolutely no change in these "commercials" the past couple of years. Where is the imagination?!
Saints personnel spent the entire offseason doing nothing to improve the entertainment value of our home games. If you are going to have a substandard product on the field, you had better make up for it with an entertaining experience beyond the game

My son has been a huge Saints fan for as long as he knew what football was. After today, he is DONE going to games with me because of how bored he was. I don't think that the higher-ups of the Saints organization realize just how bad the game-day experience is now. They are turning off a whole generation of football fans.

That's the saddest post I've read today. We can all just imagine how awful it must be not being able to stare at a smart phone during a live event that cost significant money. I can understand your son not ever coming back because of the boredom of a 48-40 game.

That's the saddest post I've read today. We can all just imagine how awful it must be not being able to stare at a smart phone during a live event that cost significant money. I can understand your son not ever coming back because of the boredom of a 48-40 game.
You missed my point completely. I specifically talked about the entertainment during the long timeouts, not when the game is going on. It has gotten very stale.

It's been that way for years (for me anyway.. Att customer)
Any Verizon users had no issues.

I, however, could never get a signal longer than a minute or two. It was horrible. And that was 3 years ago

Considering the Saints were rated #1 in the NFL in game day experience last year, others team's games must REALLY suck.

So your son is stopping going to watch the games because the entertainment during timeouts isn’t groundbreaking? Does that really outweigh watching the Saints play live??

I'm glad that I grew up without WiFi and personal electronic devices. At least I know how to enjoy life without a network connection.

I'm glad that I grew up without WiFi and personal electronic devices. At least I know how to enjoy life without a network connection.

So did I but when there's a timeout or change of quarter I want to check my fantasy scores and I can't because the wifi is hot garbage.

If you are going to a Saints game to use Wifi then you are going to the wrong event and for the wrong reasons.

So did I but when there's a timeout or change of quarter I want to check my fantasy scores and I can't because the wifi is hot garbage.
From what you just posted^, it seems like you had a few moments there when you were not enjoying life without wifi. :scratch:

Idk. Timeouts and between quarters I'm usually striking up convos with the people around me about whats going on in the game.

How can you talk to people in the seats around you when there is a commercial blaring at you over bad speakers at 100+ decibels.

Let's examine some of the ways that the Saints "entertain" us during timeouts:

Copeland's boat/car race --- ad for Copeland's.
Chevron Car Challenge --- ad for Chevron.
Dilly Dilly cam --- ad for Bud Light.
Show your bank card --- ad for Hancock/Whitney Bank.
Peoples Health Champion --- ad for Peoples Health.
Entergy Lineman of the Game --- ad for Entergy.
Us & Them --- their most entertaining spot, btw --- ad for Dixie.
Stopping an opponent on 3rd/4th down or opponent's false start/offsides penalty --- a Waitr Fan Impact Play!

It will be a sad day indeed when the Saints score and we hear "That was an Ochsner touchdown!" over the loudspeakers.

So your son is stopping going to watch the games because the entertainment during timeouts isn’t groundbreaking? Does that really outweigh watching the Saints play live??

It's hard not being entertained every moment of every day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom