Poor turnout from the Who Dat Nation (1 Viewer)

Now granted I live in Tennessee now and almost all of the Saints games I watch are all on TV...but the Dome just does not seem loud anymore. I don't know if the fans are spoiled since the Superbowl or if more people are selling their tickets to opposing fans...or what. Since the Superbowl I can count on one hand the times I have been watching and thinking "Wow that Dome sounds loud..."
It was plenty loud. You really cannot judge from TV. I have gone back and watched games I have taped after being there and it is completely different.

I hate these threads. I was at the game, there were a lot of Raiders fans. Reminded me of the Steelers fans who were the most prevalent I have previously seen. But I think people can do whatever they want with their money. I also don't think you are less of a fan if you just want to watch the game at home.

y'all better put your fandom away...you'll poke someone's eye out with that thing

Proving we really were a bandwagon fan base all along

It doesn't prove anything. You continuously post stupid **** like this on almost every thread from last night. That doesn't prove we're bandwagon fans. Any fan base would do it. It's not because we're losing, it's the way we're losing.

Play better and they will return.

I have no hate for anyone that had to sell but you just made my point. We have a lot of bandwagon fans. It is hilarious to me how many "die hard" fans we have when we are winning but when we lose they find something better to do.

That being said, this is the damn home opener. We aren't 0-5. Many and I stress MANY have given up before it even started.

Let's remember that we are one terrible call from beating one of the most promising, up and coming teams in the league.

That was announced attendance.... Published (Guilbeau maybe?? not going check) that the real number was 80,000.. If 20,000 were students now you are 60,000... Not knocking either fan base.... but the flooding may have had something to do with it..

A season tic holder next to me sold his first three games (thankfully Saints fans.... but not very enthusiastic ones).... and they said he was dealing with flood issues

No doubt that it had an impact. I have been a season ticket holder since 2001. I have missed one home game in the Payton/Brees era. This was by the most opposing fans I've seen in that time period and this was the season opener. I suspect it will be far worse when Seattle comes to town.

It was a poor turnout. Raider fan was obnoxious as all get out. They cheered loud. I thought to myself, this Raider franchise sucked for a decade or more, and yet their fans are out in droves, supporting their team on the ROAD.

You can sell your tickets if you are dissatisfied with the product. Just not at the season opener man. It's the one game with no pretense. Have a little respect for your team and the players on the field.

It's Called Protest

So only show up when we are winning?

No thanks.

If you want change in the system, you quit buying tickets. When you snatch that billfold from them they will make moves to get it back. It is called protest.

pro·test
noun
ˈprōˌtest/

1. a statement or action expressing disapproval of or objection to something.
"the Hungarian team lodged an official protest"
synonyms: objection, complaint, exception, disapproval, challenge, dissent, demurral, remonstration, fuss, outcry
"he resigned as a protest"

If you want change in the system, you quit buying tickets. When you snatch that billfold from them they will make moves to get it back. It is called protest.

pro·test
noun
ˈprōˌtest/

synonyms: objection, complaint, exception, disapproval, challenge, dissent, demurral, remonstration, fuss, outcry

SMH. Good luck with that protest when 20,000 people remain on the wait list to buy season tickets.

pro·test
noun
ˈprōˌtest/

Ahhh, the trick would be to not buy season tickets at all rather than buy them and sell them to other people. If you're not happy with the product, you don't give the team any money at all. You don't give the team money and then turn around and sell them yourself. That doesn't prove anything.

New Orleans does not have the population or the the economy to keep the dome full of die-hards for extended periods of mediocrity. In large cities like Chicago, where I live and travel home from for every Saints game, the population and economy allow for the Bears to stay sold out in perpetuity. The stadium is smaller, but it's full even in freezing weather. The sentiment from post-Katrina and the excitement of winning have waned. So,people are back to their 2004 attitude, which almost led to the loss of the team. Without wins or a brand new stadium, the threat of losing the Saints will return in the next 10 years. I've had season tickets since 1990, and I'm at almost every home game, including last Sunday. But I've come to realize that 2004's support level represents the attitude of the region toward a team that isn't in the playoffs every year.

New Orleans does not have the population or the the economy to keep the dome full of die-hards for extended periods of mediocrity. In large cities like Chicago, where I live and travel home from for every Saints game, the population and economy allow for the Bears to stay sold out in perpetuity. The stadium is smaller, but it's full even in freezing weather. The sentiment from post-Katrina and the excitement of winning have waned. So,people are back to their 2004 attitude, which almost led to the loss of the team. Without wins or a brand new stadium, the threat of losing the Saints will return in the next 10 years. I've had season tickets since 1990, and I'm at almost every home game, including last Sunday. But I've come to realize that 2004's support level represents the attitude of the region toward a team that isn't in the playoffs every year.

Green Bay is even smaller and they've kept the stadium sold out through the 70s and 80s. And that was when they were known as the Seberia of the NFL.

Green Bay is even smaller and they've kept the stadium sold out through the 70s and 80s. And that was when they were known as the Seberia of the NFL.

Green Bay also played half their games in Milwaukee until 1994. Since then, they have been a perennial contender, and they still draw primarily from Milwaukee, two hours away, which has a population of 600,000 as opposed to New Orleans with less than 400,000. If Milwaukee were the size of New Orleans, and the Packers were consistently 7-9, I wouldn't be surprised if the stadium were a lot less crowded and the waiting list dwindled. Or maybe they are just more loyal to their team than the people in New Orleans.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom