Poor turnout from the Who Dat Nation (2 Viewers)

I'll throw blame... Mentioned this in another post... So disappointed in the turnout of Saints fans... Raiders fan to my left was surprised that his tickets were for sale...

Surely some of this is from the flooding?

Nope....according to many...we fans just suck.

Im soooo over this whole "where were the fans today?" crap threads that continually pop up on this board post game.

This aint 2009. Its not 2011. This isnt the same team that steam-rolled for a span of 3 years....its 2016. We are rebuilding. we arent as good as we once were. So if fans decide to sell their tickets to make a little extra on them, good for them. And because you ( the complainers ) want to go and drop $200/game , doesnt make you Jesus. No one is forcing you to go either. You have the ability to sell yours and make some $$$ too.

And it gives travelling fans an opportunity to support their team.

/rant

Maybe... I'm not uncompassionate (sp?), and I hadn't give thought to that. I'll eat my crow for this statement. :bigcry:

However, this certainly isn't the first game in the past couple of years where opponents' fans seemed to be at least equal in number to our own... Case in point: last year's Dallas game.

Maybe... I'm not uncompassionate (sp?), and I hadn't give thought to that. I'll eat my crow for this statement. :bigcry:

However, this certainly isn't the first game in the past couple of years where opponents' fans seemed to be at least equal in number to our own... Case in point: last year's Dallas game.

Dallas is one of those teams that travel well.
I went to Idianapolis for the Colts game and it felt like New Orleans took over that stadium.
If you're trying to compare the team's support to Jacksonville or Tennessee, you're wrong.

I think the bandwagon is definitely a bit lighter. I'm really curious to know how another sub-par season will effect season tickets.

I was unable to attend due to obligations Sunday morning assisting friends who lost their house in the floods. When I can't go, I usually offer my tickets around the office (I'm in BR) and if there are no takers, there are two friends who live in New Orleans who get offered. Nobody I offered were willing to take them for a multitude of reasons.

I put them on the Exchange on Friday evening for less than half of face value. These are 50 yd line, low level Terrace. They did not sell, mostly because of the sheer volume of tickets on the market. There were multiple listings in every single section.

The argument that preseason doesn't matter has many facets -- however, at the very least, it can build a buzz for your season opener to have a strong showing in the preseason. I think many people saw an 0-4 preseason and decided to see if it carried over to the regular games.

I think we are entering (or are in the early stages of) the regression of fan support from the non-die hard's.

When I bought my season tickets in 1999, there were only about 20,000 season ticket holders. Most of the games I attended that year were sparse crowds and large numbers of opposing team fans -- and this was in the days before Ticket Exchange. New Orleans is a favorite "away game" destination for many fans and as the local support diminishes, the opposing team fan support will grow.

I regret that I wasn't able to attend yesterday and I was bummed nobody could use my tickets and after hearing reports of the volume of Raider's fans, I'm relieved that my tickets went unsold.

I'll be there next game though -- at least that cancels out one Falcon fan.

Family who were usually going to the game simply did not go... same family who went to the NFC camp game.

People are spoiled and bandwagon fans...

Give me a break. If you don't win, people dont show. It's like that for any and every damn NFL team. Right now, we are beautiful losers. That's all we know how to do. If the trend continues in New York, we could see a lot of empty seats the following Monday. Don't blame the fans, blame the product. It's just not fun to watch and who in the hell wants to pay money to watch that?

Give me a break. If you don't win, people dont show. It's like that for any and every damn NFL team. Right now, we are beautiful losers. That's all we know how to do. If the trend continues in New York, we could see a lot of empty seats the following Monday. Don't blame the fans, blame the product. It's just not fun to watch and who in the hell wants to pay money to watch that?

It's the first game of the season. What are you basing it on?

Getting upset at other Saints fans doesn't help. And flooding does matter. People are strapped. Tiger Stadium might have been packed, but it's more expensive for me to go to Saints games.

Maybe more Saints fans should be there but this team also needs to improve. It's hard getting kicked in the nuts. It's even harder when you're paying someone to do it.

For some reason some of the fans that do attend love to poop all over other Saints fans who don't (for whatever reason). People in this state have been through plenty lately. Season tickets aren't cheap and two games are completely worthless.

More Saints fans will show up as the team improves. I'd suggest to focus your frustration with the performance of the team.

Exactly. And if we just played better AT HOME, the attendance would be better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom