Pope calls it quits. (1 Viewer)

krushing

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
CNN just announced the pope is hanging up his robe. Has this ever happened before?

They just said its been 600 years since a pontiff didn't stay until death.

Seriously? Have to check that out. He barely got past all the church sex abuse scandals. If he calls.it quits now, that's all he will be remembered for. Wonder if he is sick?

Seriously? Have to check that out. He barely got past all the church sex abuse scandals. If he calls.it quits now, that's all he will be remembered for. Wonder if he is sick?

I think he's been getting weaker but it just doesn't seem right for a pope to quit regardless of health. Wonder if some bad news is about to cons out?

The local news up here is saying that he is resigning due to health reasons.

I just went and turned it on CNN...they are questioning a Vatican analyst. John Berman just asked him about his legacy. First answer was carrying on PJP agenda...second answer, sex abuse within the churches. PB statement they are reading now states that he is not healthy enough to continue.

Who knows? You could be correct, and there are more sex allegations, or something else, about to break. It's unfortunate that he has to step down now, he never had a chance to make his mark due to fighting all the abuse claims from day one of his tenure.

I guess he is developing dementia, it would be a very difficult position to put the church in. That's the only way I see a pope resigning.

Adam Schefter &#8207;<s>@</s>AdamSchefter Spent much of Sunday trying to get one last confirmation that Pope Benedict XVI will resign. Knew it and never could nail it down...

Andrew Brandt &#8207;<s>@</s>adbrandt
Woke up to learn the Pope was resigning on 2/28. Fortunately, Vatican City has plenty of Cap room to sign a replacement.

They don't want to mess with his agent. RT <s>@</s>PatSwanson Did Vatican City try to throw a Franchise Tag on <s>@</s>Pontifex?

Peter King &#8207;<s>@</s>SI_PeterKing
Who broke the Pope story? Glazer? Schefter?

Oh, there's more to this story, I'm willing to bet. Who knows if we'll ever actually hear about it, but it's there. So you mean to tell me that within the last 600 years, all of the popes were perfectly healthy until they just up and died?

Adam Schefter &#8207;<s>@</s>AdamSchefter Spent much of Sunday trying to get one last confirmation that Pope Benedict XVI will resign. Knew it and never could nail it down...

Woke up to learn the Pope was resigning on 2/28. Fortunately, Vatican City has plenty of Cap room to sign a replacement.

They don't want to mess with his agent. RT <s>@</s>PatSwanson Did Vatican City try to throw a Franchise Tag on <s>@</s>Pontifex?

Peter King &#8207;<s>@</s>SI_PeterKing
Who broke the Pope story? Glazer? Schefter?

Actually I heard he was suspended for a year, something about a pay-for-prayer system in place?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Pope Gregory XII - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LGregory was chosen at Rome in 1406 by a conclave consisting of only fifteen cardinals under the express condition that, should Antipope Benedict XIII (1394&#8211;1423), the rival papal claimant at Avignon, renounce all claim to the Papacy, he would also renounce his, so that a fresh election might be made and the Western Schism (1378&#8211;1417) could be ended.ast Pope to bail

connection?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom