Pope Evades Criminal Charges by Hiding in Vatican (1 Viewer)

The Pope probably tried to hide all these gay priests/bishps from their blackmailers. The OP story is nothing but fabrications, but the Guardian story does seem to have legs.

Why isn't the RCC try go get rid of these perverts is beyond me....all of them. They cannot protect gay priests on one hand, and condemn the practice at the same time, on the other hand.......that's ludicrous! Forgiveness is one thing, I'm all for that, but protecting gay priests in the RCC, with retaining their jobs as priests is outright sinful! The scandal will never end.......today pedos, tomorrow gays will be the story de jour.

I don't think there is a link between sexual orientation and the odds of being a pedophile.

i.e. just because I am heterosexual and like sex with women, doesn't make me want to have sex with an 8 year old. That's disgusting.

I think what you may find is that many of the priest abusers, were sexual abused themselves and never received the proper psychological care, thus are more likely to repeat the offense.

I actually know of one case where this is what happened. And the priest in question was actually abused while in the Seminary. I don't think it was another priest who did it, but someone who worked there. They kept it hush hush, and he never was able to deal with it properly.

That had by far a larger impact than if you'd consider him **** or heterosexual.

The Pope probably tried to hide all these gay priests/bishps from their blackmailers. The OP story is nothing but fabrications, but the Guardian story does seem to have legs.

Why isn't the RCC try go get rid of these perverts is beyond me....all of them. They cannot protect gay priests on one hand, and condemn the practice at the same time, on the other hand.......that's ludicrous! Forgiveness is one thing, I'm all for that, but protecting gay priests in the RCC, with retaining their jobs as priests is outright sinful! The scandal will never end.......today pedos, tomorrow gays will be the story de jour.

There are many wonderful gay priests that keep their vows
and don't act on it. Same as hetero priests. Sexual orientation
is not an issue if they don't act on it.

There are many wonderful gay priests that keep their vows
and don't act on it. Same as hetero priests. Sexual orientation
is not an issue if they don't act on it.

But some do act on it, based on the Guardian story....and that's the problem. I do not differentiate between gay priests, or hetero priests....they all the same. I call them "perverts" b/c they perverted their own faith, when they break their celibacy wows. Why be a priest, if the first thing they do is break their own wows? Be that gays, or heteros, they cannot be allowed to be priests, if they can't be living a celibate lifestyle. The priesthood is not for everyone.....only for the few selected individuals, whose morals are beyond reproach, and more importantly, they can live the lifestyle they swore to uphold.

I don't think there is a link between sexual orientation and the odds of being a pedophile.

i.e. just because I am heterosexual and like sex with women, doesn't make me want to have sex with an 8 year old. That's disgusting.

I think what you may find is that many of the priest abusers, were sexual abused themselves and never received the proper psychological care, thus are more likely to repeat the offense.

I actually know of one case where this is what happened. And the priest in question was actually abused while in the Seminary. I don't think it was another priest who did it, but someone who worked there. They kept it hush hush, and he never was able to deal with it properly.

That had by far a larger impact than if you'd consider him **** or heterosexual.

The issue I'm raising is not that a priest is gay or straight....I don't have any problem with being gay, and be a priest, if that priest observes his wows of celibacy. I also don't think is anybody's business to know what sexual orientation that particular priest have. That's nobody's business!

What I do care is priests who "act up" on their sexual preferences, by breaking their wows, be that of gays or straight priests..... That's the problem. If a straight priest is having an illicit affair, is every bit a pervert as a gay priest, who openly goes to gay bars,or gay massage parlors......that's the issue. I don't agree of keeping these priests in the priesthood and hide them from scrutiny, just so they can continue their sinful ways once the "heat" on them diminishes. They should be removed from their duties, and not allowed to continue with their ministries, if they are unable to keep their own wows.

pot shots? we're only getting to the truth----pot shots now, hopefully cannons soon.

in my eight years at st. catherine's grade school three priests and one deacon who served during that period were removed for impropriety. i consider myself lucky i didnt care for their go-carts in the 2nd grade or camping in the 6th grade. some of my school mates did.

it got bumped because what they did was heinous and the truth is trickling out .

What "truth" was revealed in this thread? The story linked in the OP didn't go anywhere after it was originally posted, much less now. A simple google search would have revealed that if the desire in bumping the thread was really to find out if the story want anywhere.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom