Pope is accused of heresy (2 Viewers)

GrandAdmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I will definitely be paying close attention to this. I actually feel that Francis has done his best to bring individuals back to the faith and feel, like stated in the article, that this is a cry from a very vocal minority from the conservative side of the Church. I frankly wish they'd put more effort in stopping the continual burden of the sex abuse scandal than go after a man whose message has been one of acceptance. That's what all faiths truly need right now.

A conservative group of Catholic priests and theologians called for Pope Francis to be declared a heretic because they believed he has softened the Catholic Church's stance on major moral issues.

There were 19 signatories to a letter urging the College of Bishops to denounce the pontiff and even consider stripping him of the papacy if he does not show “true repentance.”

The letter, backed by a Change.org petition, alleged the Pope had “denied truths of the faith” and had not been outspoken enough on key aspects of dogma such as abortion and homosexuality and seems too accepting of other faiths. He was even accused of once using a satanic symbol.

The focal point of the 20-page missive is the Pope’s 2016 document about family life, titled Amoris Laetitia, which has been interpreted by some as suggesting the Pope has softened the church's views on key issues, including whether divorced people can receive communion.

The letter stated: "Pope Francis has protected and promoted homosexually active clerics and clerical apologists for homosexual activity. This indicates that he believes that homosexual activity is not gravely sinful."

It also took issue that the Pope had "failed to speak a word in support of popular campaigns to preserve Catholic countries from abortion and homosexuality, for example, before the referendum to introduce abortion into Ireland in May 2018."

It was 19 people.

Can find a group of 19 idiots on any subject.

I'm trying to find the article that said others have signed on since the original 19. The only hindering is that they can't get any bishops or cardinals to sign on to the letter as well.

Which pope committed heresy? The one who said the crucifixion was the fault of all Jews or the one who said it wasn't? The one who said evolution was wrong or the one who said it was right? The one who said gays were going to hell or the one who said they were forgiven (and does that apply to molesterers)? I forget which popes were infallible.

Which pope committed heresy? The one who said the crucifixion was the fault of all Jews or the one who said it wasn't? The one who said evolution was wrong or the one who said it was right? The one who said gays were going to hell or the one who said they were forgiven (and does that apply to molesterers)? I forget which popes were infallible.

No pope ever said evolution was wrong. No pope ever said all gays were going to hell or that all gay people were forgiven, either. Your understanding of the doctrine of papal infallibility is lacking.

The church has become too accepting.

Let that sink in.

Too accepting of who? People? Lost souls? Those looking for spitual guidance? Thought that was the point.

No pope ever said evolution was wrong. No pope ever said all gays were going to hell or that all gay people were forgiven, either. Your understanding of the doctrine of papal infallibility is lacking.

Agreed

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom