Popeye's Cajun Flounder Sandwich (1 Viewer)

You guys are gross. Who eats fish from a fast food joint?
The batter at Long John silver is awesome and Im not ashamed to admit it. That batter + the malt vinegar makes a great treat the once every 5 years I actually see a long john silvers

Their chicken strips are also awesome, same batter

The batter at Long John silver is awesome and Im not ashamed to admit it. That batter + the malt vinegar makes a great treat the once every 5 years I actually see a long john silvers

Their chicken strips are also awesome, same batter

You must live in Ohio.

I had the flounder sandwich last night. I thought it was very tasty.
I also noticed that Florida has increased the minimum size of a legal flounder this year from 12" to 14".
This has me concerned about buying more of their flounder sandwiches in the future. I also had their chicken strips (SUCKED and gave me horrible heartburn).
I did have a Culver's fried Alaskan cod last week. It was a thicker filet and also tasty. I'm not too concerned about the Alaskan cod population. Should I be?
So, I might stick with them in the future.

I did find this statement from Popeye's about their flounder:

"Our flounder is a responsibly sourced, wild caught fish. Our sourcing follows NOAA standards and goes through regulations to ensure we maintain the species. The population levels of our fish are above normal, and we don’t anticipate running into any inventory issues," the company told TODAY in an email.

Last edited:
I had the flounder sandwich last night. I thought it was very tasty.
I also noticed that Florida has increased the minimum size of a legal flounder this year from 12" to 14".
This has me concerned about buying more of their flounder sandwiches in the future. I also had their chicken strips (SUCKED and gave me horrible heartburn).
I did have a Culver's fried Alaskan cod last week. It was a thicker filet and also tasty. I'm not too concerned about the Alaskan cod population. Should I be?
So, I might stick with them in the future.

I did find this statement from Popeye's about their flounder:

"Our flounder is a responsibly sourced, wild caught fish. Our sourcing follows NOAA standards and goes through regulations to ensure we maintain the species. The population levels of our fish are above normal, and we don’t anticipate running into any inventory issues," the company told TODAY in an email.

Popeye's flounder is a Pacific fish.

Popeye's flounder is a Pacific fish.

The question I have is how long can wild game support demand. Paul Prudhomme created a blackened red fish recipe that began a craze. Red fish eventually became a threatened species in the GOM. They have rebounded,but commercial fishing for them is still banned

Miyako got the sandwich today. She thought it was a lot better than a Filet-O-Fish.
I got a 2pc white spicy, I'm happy..

Apparently it’s “Ms. Cynthia” at the I-10/Loyola location and she’s a legend! Lol I love it. Imma have to go see Ms. Cynthia next time I’m by the airport.

I went ahead and made a transcript between Popeyes and the customer:

P: . . big juicy flounder sandwich we have on tv

C: Gurl

P: Getting just the sandwich or hit it with a side item and any drink you hear me?

C: You know what, let me get the whole - the meal, the combo

P: Go ahead and do that thing for Mardi Gras, you hear me let it all hang out

C: Okay and then let me get . . .

P: They say it’s gonna be 7 minutes on that sandwich baby, you got time huh?

C: Yeah. You said I can use a card right?

P: Yeah, use that card, hear?

C: Okay

P: So that’s a flounder sandwich combo - what side you gonna make that with, we ain’t playing Boo, recognize

C: Let me get some red beans

P: And what kinda drink you gonna set it off with?

C: Gurl see, y’all got everything too? Yeah, look, let me get a Fanta

P: Fanta? Red bean with a strawberry Fanta?

C: Yeah

P: Alright baby we ain’t playing with this. Any dessert or cole slaw?

C: No, no cole slaw.

Last edited:
Apparently it’s “Ms. Cynthia” at the I-10/Loyola location and she’s a legend! Lol I love it. Imma have to go see Ms. Cynthia next time I’m by the airport.

I went ahead and made a transcript between Popeyes and the customer:

P: . . big juicy flounder sandwich we have on tv

C: Gurl

P: Getting just the sandwich or hit it with a side item and any drink you hear me?

C: You know what, let me get the whole - the meal, the combo

P: Go ahead and do that thing for Mardi Gras, you hear me let it all hang out

C: Okay and then let me get . . .

P: They say it’s gonna be 7 minutes on that sandwich baby, you got time huh?

C: Yeah. You said I can use a card right?

P: Yeah, use that card, hear?

C: Okay

P: So that’s a flounder sandwich combo - what side you gonna make that with, we ain’t playing Boo, recognize

C: Let me get some red beans

P: And what kinda drink you gonna set it off with?

C: Gurl see, y’all got everything too? Yeah, look, let me get a Fanta

P: Fanta? Red bean with a strawberry Fanta?

C: Yeah

P: Alright - we ain’t playing with this. Any dessert or cole slaw?

C: No, no cole slaw.
That's exactly what I heard, ya heard me...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom