Popeye's Cajun Flounder Sandwich (1 Viewer)

Dear Yahoo. Flounder are Atlantic. Halibut are Pacific.

Thanks,
Guy who's caught more Flounder than I know what to do with over the years........

Nonetheless I can't wait to try this sammich.

Also, sole. There are other varieties of Pacific salmon, but it seems kind of off-brand.

Does it make you fat (well, duh), drunk, and stupid?

Just had one. Not as good as their chicken sandwich, but I didn't regret trying it. Mine was a little heavy on the tartar sauce so it got a little sloppy, and the filet looked like it was probably frozen and pre-breaded, but the taste was good. I'd say it's better than most fast food fish sandwiches.

Just had one. Not as good as their chicken sandwich, but I didn't regret trying it. Mine was a little heavy on the tartar sauce so it got a little sloppy, and the filet looked like it was probably frozen and pre-breaded, but the taste was good. I'd say it's better than most fast food fish sandwiches.
I tried one too as well today. I thought it was pretty darn tasty, (but then again, we all know that Popeye's slaps differently in the 504), it probably helped that I went relatively early (around 11:30 AM), so I knew it was being made fresh since I had to wait in the parking lot for several minutes after paying at the drive thru window. The manager even gave me a NOLA-unique greeting 'Bebe' when she asked me to park and wait, which is always fun (granted, I was in da Metrys). It wasn't too heavy on the tartar sauce, so the flavortown balance was pretty good b/w the fish, pickles, sauce, and bread, and it didn't get sloppy.

This article can't be right. The Pacific halibut is an endangered species. There is no way Popeyes is using them in this fish
sandwich. My guess it's like most other restaurants and using whiting with their own recipe

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom