Popeye's Chicken Sandwich (9 Viewers)

Ok so I arrived 15 mins after opening at another one a mile from my house. The line was a good 20 deep inside. People were commenting on how crowded popeyes is these days. They were swift serving, yet kept skipping over people. I was number 91 and had to go inquire about my order after they'd hit 98. By this time the line had dwindled to about 3 and no new people were coming in. I guess people had the same idea to hit em as they open. I bought 4 spicy.

I knew this sandwich would be good as I nibbled the piece of chicken sticking out of the bun. I ate one and put some swiss on the others. Well worth the trouble of trying one or three.

BTW: This location also had mac & cheese. Contact your local Reps to look into this issue.
No man should go without Popeyes mac & cheese.

What are the 2 locations that have mac and cheese?

Reservoir and Smith locations for sure have mac & cheese- in RI...
Just mention Bishop when you visit. :captain:

oddly enough after dogging CFL yesterday my gf walks in with some for her son last night and they had either given her or accidental gave her a couple of orders of mac and cheese. So I played my drag song again and ate one of the mac and cheeses. I was surprised. It is far closer to homemade baked mac than the crap blue box stuff. Not quite as good as when you do it up yourself but very good nonetheless.

Last edited:
Right after my wife dogged Jay-z, she said I shouldn’t buy into the Popeyes/CFA hype
— said that NYTimes published the Popeyes recipe and she’ll make that

I just don’t know what to do with myself now

Im coming to stand in line at your house before the word gets out. Not going to make that mistake again.

I love both places. CFA has an amazing chicken sandwich, service is the best in the fast food industry and it isn't even close. CFA has great lemonade as well. I am going to go try this Popeyes sandwich today and I expect it to be good, but the Popeyes by my house leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to spicy. They actually hand out packets of something called "sparkle" seasoning to spice up the chicken.

I get just as good a service - if not better - at Raising Cane's so I think "isn't even close" is a bit overblown. And their restaurants are always very clean, too. And I prefer their lemonade and iced tea - being able to draw from the sweet and unsweet in the ratio I want is nice.

All that, and better chicken. Not a huge fan of their crinkle fries, so I prefer CFA's waffle fries. But when it comes to the actual chicken, Cane's is an easy choice for me. And it ticks the same service boxes just as well.

But I gotta say, sometimes you just want to order chicken and get a side of eyeroll or stinkeye and an audible 'tsk' or a sigh and a disinterested, dismissive shake of the head along with it.

And Popeye's can really deliver that.

My favorite Popeye's employee move is for the cashier to holler at the fry cooks in the back and talk about me like I can't hear them.

"Hey, yo. This dude here wants an extra breast in his 8 piece. I told him it'll be an extra couple minutes and he doesn't care he says. He says to make sure that you know he wants an 8 piece with an extra breast, not an 8 piece with an extra breast to make it a 9 piece. And he's watching me enter it into the cash register so I don't charge him for a 9th piece. Can you believe that? I know how to count, man."

And even better is when the fry cook replies, but I can't make it out, except for the tone of condescension.

It's part of the experience.

But I gotta say, sometimes you just want to order chicken and get a side of eyeroll or stinkeye and an audible 'tsk' or a sigh and a disinterested, dismissive shake of the head along with it.

My favorite Popeye's employee move is for the cashier to holler at the fry cooks in the back and talk about me like I can't hear them.

"Hey, yo. This dude here wants an extra breast in his 8 piece. I told him it'll be an extra couple minutes and he doesn't care he says. He says to make sure that you know he wants an 8 piece with an extra breast, not an 8 piece with an extra breast to make it a 9 piece. And he's watching me enter it into the cash register so I don't charge him for a 9th piece. Can you believe that? I know how to count, man."

And even better is when the fry cook replies, but I can't make it out, except for the tone of condescension.

you are preaching the truth. the honest truth.

I get just as good a service - if not better - at Raising Cane's so I think "isn't even close" is a bit overblown. And their restaurants are always very clean, too. And I prefer their lemonade and iced tea - being able to draw from the sweet and unsweet in the ratio I want is nice.

All that, and better chicken. Not a huge fan of their crinkle fries, so I prefer CFA's waffle fries. But when it comes to the actual chicken, Cane's is an easy choice for me. And it ticks the same service boxes just as well.

no fast food worker really wants to be there
both Popeyes and CFA workers have faces on - popeyes workers put their own faces on, CFA worker have corportate put their faces on
so when we're talking about which service we prefer, we choosing one of these 2

or

and i'm not here to shame anyone's kink

Brother I love Popeyes. If given the choice of a last meal it would most likely be spicy chicken from Popeyes. But I equally love CFA. Especially those biscuits for breakfast. I used to have to drive 45 minutes for CFA, and I did it on occassion. I had to drive 35 minutes one way for Popeyes and I did it. Now I hear that their is a Canes in the Chicago area, and I love Canes as well. There chicken is good, their sauces are epic. Can we all agree that fried chicken, is great from all 3 places? Honestly, if my wife walked in the door tonight with any of them I'd be ecstatic. There used to be a place called Churches when I was a kid. I freakin loved that place. KFC? NO. I don't know how people eat that crap.

KFC? NO. I don't know how people eat that crap.

so, they opened up a KFC just a couple of blocks away a few months ago. Our neighbor, across the street, was excited. We were sitting in his backyard one afternoon a couple of weeks ago and he was saying that he was there the day it opened. He was thrilled.

I told him he was dead to me.

Well, fast forward to a couple of days ago. His wife came over, with their son, to pick up some tomatoes from our garden - we always have a TON. I asked where her husband was and she said, while chuckling, he didn't want to walk over because he wasn't sure if I had forgiven him yet for KFC.

And my wife just laughed and said I was just kidding around, while I just stared at her and said, "I haven't."

Last edited:
Brother I love Popeyes. If given the choice of a last meal it would most likely be spicy chicken from Popeyes. But I equally love CFA. Especially those biscuits for breakfast. I used to have to drive 45 minutes for CFA, and I did it on occassion. I had to drive 35 minutes one way for Popeyes and I did it. Now I hear that their is a Canes in the Chicago area, and I love Canes as well. There chicken is good, their sauces are epic. Can we all agree that fried chicken, is great from all 3 places? Honestly, if my wife walked in the door tonight with any of them I'd be ecstatic. There used to be a place called Churches when I was a kid. I freakin loved that place. KFC? NO. I don't know how people eat that crap.
Churches Chicken still exists. The closest one to me is in Gary, Indiana but they're a relatively large, local chain in Chicago. Usually in the not so good neighborhoods.

Churches Chicken still exists. The closest one to me is in Gary, Indiana but they're a relatively large, local chain in Chicago. Usually in the not so good neighborhoods.
there is one near downtown baton rouge

ECxs1FYXkAAYPBJ

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom