Popeye's Chicken Sandwich (3 Viewers)

I think they are 'sold out' to avoid the negative press of not being able to supply the demand. They'll come back in a few weeks with a better plan.

Well, I don't have many connections in life but I do have access to fresh Krispy Krunchy chicken. My Pops owns a convenient store in nowhere, North Louisiana. He never leaves day old chicken. Honestly, he probably misses out on sales by not cooking enough. I don't know if I am lucky or unlucky that it doesn't mess up my stomach.
Good on your pops for only serving fresh fried chicken. I wish all of the locations had the same standards. And, I doubt the stuff was actually a day old, I just meant that it was certainly far from fresh.

As to the actual topic at hand, this sandwich is actually causing people to lose their minds. I just went to the Popeye's on Vets before Bonnabel because I saw they had no long line in the drive thru which always means the inside is empty at this location. Apparently, this woman didn't know they are out of the sandwiches and had planned on getting six of them (I really hope she was picking up food for her whole family or office or something). Instead, she ordered six regular combo meals. In the few minutes that passed between her placing the order and getting to the window, she lost her sheet. She pulled up to the window and started screaming for the manager. Well, the manager was at the window already. She proceeded to rant and rave about them not having the sandwich and how the manager is incompetent yada yada yada...she then said, "I don't want any of this forking food, I came here to get the sandwiches!!!" and drove out of the drive thru/parking lot (you're almost in the street when you pull up past the window) by slamming on the gas and caused a wreck by t-boning some poor guy in his work truck who was just driving down Vets in the right lane. She's lucky there wasn't three lanes of traffic when this happened like there usually is during the day on Vets. A second after this happened, my three strip combo was ready and I walked out the front door to hear the woman screaming at the poor guy she just slammed into. I turned back into the store and the manager was already calling the police, so I went about my business.

I, too, wish they had the sandwich because I ordered spicy strips and got mild and they were basically room temperature three minutes later when I got back to the office but I'm not going to flip out and become a menace to society over my fast food lunch.

They better get this sandwich back soon or advertise on television that it's out before stuff like this becomes a trend. Luckily, this thread exists because I'm not downloading their app to tell me when the sandwich is back. I'll rely on the faithful SR members who typically report important information like this just as fast as the company would themselves.

Something tells me this guy has been laughed at before
==========================

A Chattanooga man is suing fast-food chain Popeyes for running out of its popular chicken sandwiches.

Craig Barr's suit accuses the company of false advertising, deceptive business practices and causing him to waste "countless time driving" to and from local chains to find the sandwich.

Barr, of East Ridge, also claims he was hustled out of $25 by a man who posted a Craigslist ad claiming he could get sandwiches a restaurant was hiding in the back, suffered rim and tire damage while driving from location to location, and was humiliated when his friends laughed at him.

"I can't get happy; I have this sandwich on my mind. I can't think straight," he told the Times Free Press on Thursday. "It just consumes you."......................

Last edited:
I missed the boat. Tried in a mall location last Saturday, but they didn't sell it. I hadn't been paying attention tot he news tried yesterday and of course they're out.

Great advertisement though, as I just defaulted to their regular chicken offerings both times.

I missed the boat. Tried in a mall location last Saturday, but they didn't sell it. I hadn't been paying attention tot he news tried yesterday and of course they're out.

Great advertisement though, as I just defaulted to their regular chicken offerings both times.

I may try tomorrow. Been meaning to go until they announced they were sold out. But today I saw a sign with the chicken sandwich sign on the front window. I figure they're still selling em. 2 stores within a couple of miles. But, they've been a bit hit/miss in the quality department here. We'll see I guess.

i can't wait for 20 years from now when we have a new holiday.... popeye's chicken sandwich memorial day

this could end up like the la riots, but nationally.

Popeye's in AZ are pretty quick. I admit the first I made an order, s sat down and pulled out my phone to start browsing the internet. How was maybe a minute into scrolling through Twitter when they called my name with my order. I was shocked and started chuckling. The dude behind the counter was wondering what I found to be so funny.

Now, they're still not as fast as Chick-fil-A. Also, I never go through the drive-thru. I always go inside because I find that to be faster and just about any fast food restaurant. I also feel really lazy going through the drive-thru, burning gas and blowing the air conditioning while doing nothing but waiting.

Uhh, laziness should work in the opposite direction meaning you're too lazy to get out of the car and walk.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom