Popeye's Chicken Sandwich (1 Viewer)

LAhotsauce

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Is this thing the Muhammad Ali of chicken sandwiches? Thats what I've heard so far. Chick-Fil-A and Wendy's had to chime in.

If so, I fully expect if I try to get one of these things on my cheat day, they'll b nice and out of em.

Sun Wukong

Kicker's, Inc. Superfan
Reaction score
No. It's different. Has a medium spicy tartar sauce and pickles on the bun. That's about it. The filet was huge though. The sandwich was fine. But I'd still much prefer a spicy chicken sandwich.

I just had one. It wasn't terrible, but im not sure I need one again. Definetly not on the level of the chicken sandwich. The fillet is massive, though.

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
At this point in the chicken sandwich wars, a fast-food chain needs to have its own version just to remain relevant even if it doesn't really move the needle on sales. Any announcement that a new version will be hitting the market is pretty much greeted with a yawn.

Yet Burger King's decision to introduce its own chicken sandwich is different because its parent holding company Restaurant Brands International (NYSE: QSR) also owns Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen, which effectively reignited the war two years ago when it introduced its spicy chicken version.

There's a real risk that by pitting two of its own brands -- Burger King against Popeyes -- Restaurant Brands will undermine what has been the mainstay of its growth..............

Restaurant Brands Pits Burger King Against Popeyes in Chicken Sandwich Wars (msn.com)

MLU

Please respect my decision!
Reaction score
I've eaten at Burger King before. There's no risk.

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I've eaten at Burger King before. There's no risk.

Back in high school I went through a brief BK chicken sandwich phase. I thought they were good. One night I woke up with some kind of food poisoning. It sucked. Haven't had one since.

itztime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Back in high school I went through a brief BK chicken sandwich phase. I thought they were good. One night I woke up with some kind of food poisoning. It sucked. Haven't had one since.
I got food poisoning also from those BK chicken sandwiches also, driving back from the Saints/Dolphins game at Tiger Stadium, both my wife and I got the BK chicken sandwich, early the next morning we were both sick as a dog.

Reaction score
They used to have those international chicken sandwiches. In high school my buddy would come to my house with one of each (I think there were 3) and scarf them all down. Man teenage boys are disgusting.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The original BK chicken sandwich is awesome. It’s the mayo.

I enjoyed those chicken sandwiches on occasion when I was in college. Haven't had one since. I think I've eaten at BK once since 1995. And that one time I got the Whopper. A lot of the places I've lived wasn't close to one, so that's probably the biggest reason I haven't stepped in one in so long.

Reaction score
Popeye's, Canes and Waffle House are the only corp fast food I even consider if I'm in the home area. The rest are only refuel stops for road trips. I know 5 different local burger shops where I can get a handmade patty 4 times the size of McD's or BK lounge with handcut fries, onion rings, or fried mushrooms for ~1$ more than what I'd pay the corp chain. Granted I don't get a drink, but that's why I keep either a cold bottle of Coke imported from Mexico or adult beverage of choice.

This does not even factor in the handmade tortilla's and authentic South American places around the corner, 10 Chinese, 3 or 4 Greek\Lebanese, 3 pizza places, 2 BBQ's and countless po'boy shops ready to provide a meal which simply isn't matched by corporate fast food. I can only imagine those of you in a more populated area would have even more options.

TheRealJRad

The Artist Formerly Known as AgentJRad
Staff member
Tech-Admin
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Tbh, the pickles sort of overpowered the rest of the sandwich. They were a bit thicker cut than your usual pickles. Next time, I'll try sans pickles and see if that's better.

I actually like to snack on them separately. When they are thick cut like that, I find more enjoyment in a nice snacking crunch. There’s enough pickle juice soaked up by the bun to still give the flavor.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
They used to have those international chicken sandwiches. In high school my buddy would come to my house with one of each (I think there were 3) and scarf them all down. Man teenage boys are disgusting.
So one month during Senior yr in HS, BK was having some $.39 sale for their burger
My friend and I would go every lunch
We decided to let the backseat be an homage
So we finished the month with 20ish BK bags
gross

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom