Popeye's Chicken Sandwich (2 Viewers)

LAhotsauce

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Is this thing the Muhammad Ali of chicken sandwiches? Thats what I've heard so far. Chick-Fil-A and Wendy's had to chime in.

If so, I fully expect if I try to get one of these things on my cheat day, they'll b nice and out of em.

Is this thing the Muhammad Ali of chicken sandwiches? Thats what I've heard so far. Chick-Fil-A and Wendy's had to chime in.

If so, I fully expect if I try to get one of these things on my cheat day, they'll b nice and out of em.
My dad tried one recently, when they were still in the testing period, and he said it was really good.

Also, this is not the first time Popeye's has taken a stab at a chicken sandwich. They had one on the menu about 20(?) years ago that was solid.

Now, just go back to the good onion rings at all locations...

Definitely legit. I had one the other day.

Did Popeye's nix onion rings? They didn't have any the last time I went.

I had it last week.

I enjoyed it. It was a chicken sandwich. Not great, but good.

I haven't tried the sandwich yet. I may try it today.

My favorite onion rings are the ones at the Company Burger near the Superdome.
But my old favorite, in the more accessible category, was at Popeye's.

They used to hand-bread and fry the rings as you ordered. The guys in the back hated making them because of the extra labor, But if they didn't over-cook them, they were the BEST!

Then, they decided it was too much work, and they started using frozen, pre-breaded rings. They were still good but not nearly as good as before.

Then, a few years after that, they quit making them all together. When I asked about it, they said that they stopped making them at ALL Popeye's. But i found out that this wasn't true, they still made them at Wiggins. This store was in a different franchise zone.
Later, I found out that they also make them locally at the store on the Air Force base, which is owned by someone else.

They excuse that I got was that the franchise owner wasn't happy with the quality of the frozen rings, but who knows what the real reason is. Maybe they're too expensive.

If anyone knows of a place where they still hand-bread the rings, post it here and let me know. I'll leave a review of the sandwich soon.

I had it last week.

I enjoyed it. It was a chicken sandwich. Not great, but good.

You only feel this way because of all of the unprecedented hype surrounding it.. if you weren’t aware that Popeye’s had a new chicken sandwich and rolled up to the drive thru and ordered one, you’d be raving to people about how good it was and that they need to try it.

Same principle with In n Out burger.. the first time i ever tried one was over 20 yrs ago, i’d never heard of the place but needed a quick cheap meal on the West Coast and i was like ‘Holy Ish’ this blows every other fast food place out of the water... Now people hear about if for 10 or 15 yrs, finally try one and since it doesnt actually change your life, they’re inevitably disappointed.

You only feel this way because of all of the unprecedented hype surrounding it.. if you weren’t aware that Popeye’s had a new chicken sandwich and rolled up to the drive thru and ordered one, you’d be raving to people about how good it was and that they need to try it.

Same principle with In n Out burger.. the first time i ever tried one was over 20 yrs ago, i’d never heard of the place but needed a quick cheap meal on the West Coast and i was like ‘Holy Ish’ this blows every other fast food place out of the water... Now people hear about if for 10 or 15 yrs, finally try one and since it doesnt actually change your life, they’re inevitably disappointed.

or maybe In n Out Burger just isn't that good

Thanks, Doc.
How much do I owe you?

I had the Classic. It was a good sandwich. I'd prefer a 3-piece combo, dark, spicy, but it was probably one of the better sandwiches out there. I'll try the Spicy this week and see what's up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom