Popeye's Chicken Sandwich (4 Viewers)

I tried one for lunch today. Figured there was no way it could live up to all the hype around it. I was wrong. I got the spicy one. It was really good.

I tried one for lunch today. Figured there was no way it could live up to all the hype around it. I was wrong. I got the spicy one. It was really good.

eating mine now....its the bun and pickles.

not to mention the chicken is twice the size of CFAs.

I agree. Hype is real.

And you have choice of mash tater, red beans, dirty rice or green beans instead of waffle fries.

I think this is one of the greatest product launches in US consumer history. Popeyes Corp has to be thrilled. The damn thing has gone viral.

A fast food sandwich has gone viral!

you're welcome

I did all of this and it ain't even in Canada

I do it for the people

Man, that sandwich is off the hook!! It is so good. Don't get me wrong, not saying Chick-fil-a is bad, but I would take that popeyes sandwich over then every day of the week and twice on Sunday's.(mainly because, well you know why. lol

man, all Raising Cane's has to do is add a couple of pickles to their sandwich and...

The problem with Cane's sandwich is that the sauce drips all over your hands while eating it. I usually eat lunch at my desk while surfing SR so that makes it difficult.

Popeyes has a better bun than both Cane's and CFA. I wouldn't base my choice on bun alone, but Popeyes' bun is MUCH better.

I think this is one of the greatest product launches in US consumer history. Popeyes Corp has to be thrilled. The damn thing has gone viral.

So I asked my daughter to pick up a couple from the Popeye's here in Vienna, Virginia. I've been there several times and I've never seen it more than moderately busy. She said the restaurant was completely full and there was a long line out the door. She said, "forget this, pick something else."

So I'm sol today. I'll have to go myself tomorrow. But, I didn't expect people would be going bonkers over a sandwich here. Never seen anything quite like this.

I drive by popeyes daily when runnign for lunch. Never that busy.

I went today, the drive thru was 16 cars deep. I went inside. 8 ppl in front of me. All but one ordered the chicken sandwich. They had a row of premade sandwiches ( classic and spicy ) and were handing them out as fast as they could.

And i honestly believe that if the sammich wasnt that good, it wouldnt be like this. But its a massive breast of chicken, with a spicy mayo combo and clausen pickles. And the bun reminded me of Hawaiian bread. Had a sweet taste to it that complimented the pickled and spicy mayo.

So I asked my daughter to pick up a couple from the Popeye's here in Vienna, Virginia. I've been there several times and I've never seen it more than moderately busy. She said the restaurant was completely full and there was a long line out the door. She said, "forget this, pick something else."

So I'm sol today. I'll have to go myself tomorrow. But, I didn't expect people would be going bonkers over a sandwich here. Never seen anything quite like this.

just spoke on same thing...it was pretty amazing to see the line of cars wrapped around and onto Veterans Blvd. I was like daaaaang. Went inside and had 8 in line and several waiting on food.

oh and the car that I WOULD have been behind had i selected drive thru, hadnt even made it to order when i was leaving w/ food.

suckers. lol

just spoke on same thing...it was pretty amazing to see the line of cars wrapped around and onto Veterans Blvd. I was like daaaaang. Went inside and had 8 in line and several waiting on food.

oh and the car that I WOULD have been behind had i selected drive thru, hadnt even made it to order when i was leaving w/ food.

suckers. lol

Suckers, indeed.

Really glad i tried the sandwich a couple weeks back, i’ll wait til the herd mentality dies down and the crowds dissipate a little before having another.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom