Popeye's Chicken Sandwich (5 Viewers)

I drive by popeyes daily when runnign for lunch. Never that busy.

I went today, the drive thru was 16 cars deep. I went inside. 8 ppl in front of me. All but one ordered the chicken sandwich. They had a row of premade sandwiches ( classic and spicy ) and were handing them out as fast as they could.

And i honestly believe that if the sammich wasnt that good, it wouldnt be like this. But its a massive breast of chicken, with a spicy mayo combo and clausen pickles. And the bun reminded me of Hawaiian bread. Had a sweet taste to it that complimented the pickled and spicy mayo.

I wonder how long that will last because Popeyes might have the better sandwich but we all know Popeyes ain’t no Chick Fil A when it comes to moving volume through the drive in.

Popeyes customer service might as well be Popcopy.

NSFW

Popeyes just opened a restaurant in Greeley, CO. I had my first spicy chicken sandwich today. My opinion was that the spicy was missing from the spicy chicken sandwich. I had to order a second one to verify the results... Not spicy. It could be that it was made in Colorado.

• 1Like
Reactions: You
Is this sandwich only avaiable for a limited time? I mean, Popeyes' service was already pretty slow. I don't get people waiting in these long lines for something that will still be on the menu in a few weeks when America will have moved on to the next new fad.

Popeyes just opened a restaurant in Greeley, CO. I had my first spicy chicken sandwich today. My opinion was that the spicy was missing from the spicy chicken sandwich. I had to order a second one to verify the results... Not spicy. It could be that it was made in Colorado.

They don't really have a spicy like the regular chicken. They spicy one just comes with a chipolte mayo instead of regular.

I definitely think it is, most likely, a regional thing. I've been to a few "Cajun-style" restaurants here in Birmingham(mostly run by NOLA/SE LA tranplants) and have been told they had to tone down the spiciness of their dishes because the locals here couldn't handle it.

When it comes to a chicken sandwich I'd rather get a Club which should be a BLT with fried chicken, ranch dressing and cheddar cheese. That's how I roll. And when it comes to Popeye's I get the large mashed potatoes with extra gravy and tenders and dip the tenders into my taters.

Popeyes must have a world class PR team for this one. The spicy one was good and all but never would I have thought this many people would be incredulous about a dang chicken sandwich.

Popeyes must have a world class PR team for this one. The spicy one was good and all but never would I have thought this many people would be incredulous about a dang chicken sandwich.
They really played on the perceived "universal truth" that CFA has the best chicken sandwich ever made in the history of ever. It seems to have paid off mightily. And, again, I do love me some CFA, but it doesn't shock me that, with a little effort, another chain could rival them.

Same principle with In n Out burger.. the first time i ever tried one was over 20 yrs ago, i’d never heard of the place but needed a quick cheap meal on the West Coast and i was like ‘Holy Ish’ this blows every other fast food place out of the water... Now people hear about if for 10 or 15 yrs, finally try one and since it doesnt actually change your life, they’re inevitably disappointed.
I never had heard about In-N-Out when I first moved to LA and ate at one. I was unimpressed then as I am today. It's no better or worse then a lot of other franchise burger places, excluding the ultra fast food places like McDonalds, Burger King and so on. For example, I like 5 Guys more than In-N-Out. It's all a matter of personal preference.

I never had heard about In-N-Out when I first moved to LA and ate at one. I was unimpressed then as I am today. It's no better or worse then a lot of other franchise burger places, excluding the ultra fast food places like McDonalds, Burger King and so on. For example, I like 5 Guys more than In-N-Out. It's all a matter of personal preference.

That’s fine, thank goodness we all have different preferences or the world would be a dull place.

I will say that in re to 5 Guys, i’d put them more in the class of casual sit-down fare than fast food.. Why? I went to a 5 Guys last month for the first time in a couple of years.. for my double burger, fries and a soda it came out to $17 after tax... That exact same order at In n Out (which I frequent regularly) is < $8... so while i think that 5 Guys tastes pretty good, i prefer In n Out, and they’re definitely a better value in terms of fast-food.

Ok this made me laugh out loud:

"For some reason, Boston Market even entered the fray, trying to take a swipe at Chick-fil-A's new mac and cheese offering. You're fighting with the wrong weapons, Boston Market!"

I can't believe Boston Market still has some locations out there...that has to be the blandest most vanilla food i've ever had...

Haven't tried the sandwich yet but will soon...not a big chick fila fan, the chicken isn't that crunchy and that is important to me....like Canes sandwich much better....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom