Popeye's Chicken Sandwich (3 Viewers)

man, the CFA sandwich isn't that great.

They are opening 15 here in the Greater Toronto Area in the next 5 years. The only one currently is out in Calgary, in the airport, apparently. And people are really, really excited about getting some Chick Fil A up here.

(Of course, you can also imagine that it's also being targeted for protests, too, because of its controversial stances and the robust nature of the city's LGBTQ community)

But I keep telling them that they are only going to set themselves up for disappointment. I mean, the sandwich is good but it's not that great and really has the title by default because there's nobody really focusing on making a real chicken sandwich.

Shake Shack, but there aren't as many locations. Wendy's does a decent one, but they have more of a menu.

The moment that someone that does *just* chicken and puts some time into it, it's not going to be hard to compete with the quality of the sandwich itself.

We went once this summer - and it happened to be on a really dumb day. We're walking into the restaurant on some random afternoon and see that it's just packed. More than usual. And people are wearing cow costumes and such. Apparently it was "dress like a cow and eat for free" day or some such.

It did *not* add to my Chick Fil A experience.

It's a slightly above mediocre sandwich. And their nuggets are really sad little things.
canada doing it wrong?

They don't really have a spicy like the regular chicken. They spicy one just comes with a chipolte mayo instead of regular.
Big miss, there, IMO. Still a good sandwich though.
tried it tonight. much better than expected, but yes, if it was a spicy breast, even better.

Controversial opinion (now, apparantly): CFA spicy chicken sandwich still the goat. No sauce needed. Couple that with the waffle fries and, well, back to the drawing board Popeye's.

The Chick Fil A spicy chicken sandwich is fine, but what you have to do is get two dipping sauces on the side, Buffalo and Ranch.. you pour the Buffalo sauce onto the chicken sandwich, then dip the fries in the Ranch to cool your palate after all the heat... and you have to get a lemonade.

the more that I think about it, and the more it gets discussed, the more I realize how utterly marginal the Chick Fil A sandwich actually is

I keep seeing images plastered all over the internet of it, next to the Popeye's sandwich

And all I can think to myself is, "Won't someone adopt that poor, sad little, lonely sandwich? Otherwise, that poor, malnourished, gaunt, scrawny, emaciated little orphan bird pecked and scratched at her little patch of sand-ridden yard for nothing, eking out a withered existence for naught."

Won't somebody please think of the chickens?

The Chick Fil A spicy chicken sandwich is fine, but what you have to do is get two dipping sauces on the side, Buffalo and Ranch.. you pour the Buffalo sauce onto the chicken sandwich, then dip the fries in the Ranch to cool your palate after all the heat... and you have to get a lemonade.

I like their lemonade. It's pretty sweet though, not really for everyone. If there was one complaint I have about CFA, it's that their chicken isn't as crispy as I'd like. Also, I like the buns they use for the club. I request the multigrain bun to go with the spicy deluxe. Better than the plain buns imo.

Our go to sauce is their CFA sauce. I dip my waffle fries in that, better than ketchup. CFA locations here are always clean, they are always polite and rarely get an order wrong, and when they do get it wrong, they'll often comp you a free sandwich for the next trip.

I know they get a lot of grief because of the religious roots and being closed on Sundays, but they're are well run franchise. That and they're pretty consistent from location to location. I haven't really been to a bad location yet.

the more that I think about it, and the more it gets discussed, the more I realize how utterly marginal the Chick Fil A sandwich actually is

I keep seeing images plastered all over the internet of it, next to the Popeye's sandwich

And all I can think to myself is, "Won't someone adopt that poor, sad little, lonely sandwich? Otherwise, that poor, malnourished, gaunt, scrawny, emaciated little orphan bird pecked and scratched at her little patch of sand-ridden yard for nothing, eking out a withered existence for naught."

CFA would like us to think of the cows. :hihi:

I like their lemonade. It's pretty sweet though, not really for everyone. If there was one complaint I have about CFA, it's that their chicken isn't as crispy as I'd like. Also, I like the buns they use for the club. I request the multigrain bun to go with the spicy deluxe. Better than the plain buns imo.

Our go to sauce is their CFA sauce. I dip my waffle fries in that, better than ketchup. CFA locations here are always clean, they are always polite and rarely get an order wrong, and when they do get it wrong, they'll often comp you a free sandwich for the next trip.

I know they get a lot of grief because of the religious roots and being closed on Sundays, but they're are well run franchise. That and they're pretty consistent from location to location. I haven't really been to a bad location yet.

So damn sensible. You’ve been in NoVA too long.

Dude. Put the sauce down.

I want to see you at our 50th MHS reunion.

Me and a couple guys at work actually cooked somethin up about Canes cuz of this. Get the 3 piece combo with an extra Texas toast. Take two strips and make a sandwich with the Texas toasts and put the Cane sauce on it. Even if it's bad you got one strip and fries to make up for it. But given the obvious circumstances that would be stupid delicious and I am fully trying that before the week is out.

I haven't tried it yet. But those saying this is a CFL vs Popeyes thing are wrong imo. Unless Popeyes starts installing playsets and cooking up sugar coated nuggets for all the kids and little league teams, there's no real issue.

That said, I look forward to trying the Popeyes sandwich soon. I don't look forward to the line or the shakedown by the panhandler outside. I usually reserve that for pre and post Saints games in the fall.

The Popeyes in my area all have issues. Even if this sandwich is great, its just hard for me to go to Popeyes anymore knowing they will mess up the order anyway, burn it, or accidentally substitute an old sock for the bun. Maybe its different where you guys are, but where I am I just don't trust them with food based on them screwing up every time.

the cfa "original" sammich isn't bad. it is just different. that said, without hesitation, i would take popeye's over it easily.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom