Popeye's Chicken Sandwich (1 Viewer)

Me and a couple guys at work actually cooked somethin up about Canes cuz of this. Get the 3 piece combo with an extra Texas toast. Take two strips and make a sandwich with the Texas toasts and put the Cane sauce on it. Even if it's bad you got one strip and fries to make up for it. But given the obvious circumstances that would be stupid delicious and I am fully trying that before the week is out.

You know they actually have a sandwich on the menu, right? Comes with sauce already on it and lettuce too.

the cfa "original" sammich isn't bad. it is just different.

Yes.

"Isn't bad" is a totally fair assessment.

I think it would make a great slogan, maybe the most honest in advertising.

Chick-Fil-A: Our Chicken Sandwich Isn't Bad

:yes:

You know they actually have a sandwich on the menu, right? Comes with sauce already on it and lettuce too.
Yea but with a normie arse bun. I want texas toast buns. Plus you have an extra tendie when you're done.

Yes.

"Isn't bad" is a totally fair assessment.

I think it would make a great slogan, maybe the most honest in advertising.

Chick-Fil-A: Our Chicken Sandwich Isn't Bad

:yes:

I think "isn't bad" is giving the CFA sandwich (and CFA in general) too much credit. I find their breading extremely salty, and the size of the breast out of balance and awkward with the sandwich. It's not good.

Me and a couple guys at work actually cooked somethin up about Canes cuz of this. Get the 3 piece combo with an extra Texas toast. Take two strips and make a sandwich with the Texas toasts and put the Cane sauce on it. Even if it's bad you got one strip and fries to make up for it. But given the obvious circumstances that would be stupid delicious and I am fully trying that before the week is out.

I've actually done this....it works....

Is that a Yogi Berra quote? Or Woody Allen?
Yogi.

Seriously though... the two CFA locations closest to me are so crowded at lunch hour that they have police directing traffic.
I went to Popeyes today to get one of these sandwiches. Let me preface by saying that I tend to be a sucker for these new products and enjoy taste tests whenever I can. I admit to the nerdiness.

Modest line in drive thru. Parking lot had a few spaces. I think More crowded than usual

I went in and ordered.

Noticed that most people had regular fried chicken meals. Beside me, I saw one other person order a sandwich.
Service was unremarkable. No “my pleasure”, smiles or other graciousness. Typical fast food service I guess. The lady appeared bothered.

Took about 5 mins to get the sandwich and I left with it.
Just finished it.

General comment: it’s between “not bad and good”. Comes with mayo and pickle. Maybe something else- not sure.

Breakdown-
The good:
-Flavor: it’s good. Nothing extraordinary.
-It was moist (wife’s favorite word).
-Lots of food. I was full when I finished.
-Good value: for $3.99 it’s a good value.
-The bun appears to be toasted brioche.
-Crunchy crust.

The bad:
-It has mayo! Imo, mayo is not something you assume people want on a sandwich. If I want it, I’ll add it. And that’s like never. Wife and kids are the same way. I actually wiped some off of this sandwich.
-Breading is very thick. I had to peel some off as I was getting bites that were majority breading.
-the pickles. Not sure what kind they use but not tart enough for me.

Bottom line: I’d maybe get it again but if there’s choice between this and CFA, and I’m getting a sandwich, I’m getting the CFA sandwich. No question. It’s subjective but It’s just better tasting. Not as much food but better tasting imo.

I’d choose popeyes for their fried chicken over just about all other fried chicken chains.

Last edited:
Yogi.

Seriously though... the two CFA locations closest to me are so crowded at lunch hour that they have police directing traffic.
I went to Popeyes today to get one of these sandwiches.

Modest line in drive thru. Parking lot had a few spaces. I think More crowded than usual

I went in and ordered.

Noticed that most people had regular fried chicken meals. Beside me, I saw one other person order a sandwich.
Service was unremarkable. No “my pleasure”, smiles or other graciousness. Typical fast food service I guess. The lady appeared bothered.

Took about 5 mins to get the sandwich and I left with it.
Just finished it.

General comment: it’s between “not bad and good”. Comes with mayo and pickle. Maybe something else- not sure.

Breakdown-
The good:
-Flavor: it’s good. Nothing extraordinary.
-It was moist (wife’s favorite word).
-Lots of food. I was full when I finished.
-Good value: for $3.99 it’s a good value.
-The bun appears to be toasted brioche.
-Crunchy crust.

The bad:
-It has mayo! Imo, mayo is not something you assume people want on a sandwich. If I want it, I’ll add it. And that’s like never. Wife and kids are the same way. I actually wiped some off of this sandwich.
-Breading is very thick. I had to peel some off as I was getting bites that were majority breading.
-the pickles. Not sure what kind they use but not tart enough for me.

Bottom line: I’d maybe get it again but if there’s choice between this and CFA, and I’m getting a sandwich, I’m getting the CFA sandwich. No question. It’s subjective but It’s just better tasting. Not as much food but better tasting imo.

I’d choose popeyes for their fried chicken over just about all other fried chicken chains.

Appreciate the review. Why not the spicy version with the Chipotle Mayo? I realize it is the same chicken breast but Spicy Mayo may have made a difference? Does anyone above the age of 12 order non-spicy anything from Popeyes?

IMDkeaV.jpg

Appreciate the review. Why not the spicy version with the Chipotle Mayo? I realize it is the same chicken breast but Spicy Mayo may have made a difference? Does anyone above the age of 12 order non-spicy anything from Popeyes?

Not really a fan of spicy food and definitely didn’t want it today.
I’ve read some reviews on it. Evidently the spice comes from the mayo spread.
Could that be true? From popeyes? Wtf?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom