Popeye's Chicken Sandwich (2 Viewers)

Tried the spicy sandwich a couple of months ago. Maybe it is due to all the mega-hype originally surrounding it, but it wasn't all that great. For $3.99, not bad, but nothing life-changing.

To be fair, I only eat fast food, at most, once a month. Could also be that the Popeye's near my house seems to be a bit inconsistent. Maybe I'll try it again elsewhere (should have grabbed one when I was in NOLA last weekend, for comparison purposes) but I'm in no big rush for another one.

tried the spicy version of the sandwich yesterday. not bad.

FYI, and this was mentioned earlier in the thread- there is no ‘spicy’ or ‘mild’ chicken sandwich.. they are exactly the same, the only difference is that the ‘spicy’ version comes with Spicy Mayonnaise.. Since mayonnaise is the most disgusting substance on the planet, the couple times i got the Popeyes chicken sandwich, i ordered it plain and got some of their dipping sauce.. i think the Mardi Gras Mustard, or Ranch.

FYI, and this was mentioned earlier in the thread- there is no ‘spicy’ or ‘mild’ chicken sandwich.. they are exactly the same, the only difference is that the ‘spicy’ version comes with Spicy Mayonnaise.. Since mayonnaise is the most disgusting substance on the planet, the couple times i got the Popeyes chicken sandwich, i ordered it plain and got some of their dipping sauce.. i think the Mardi Gras Mustard, or Ranch.
ahh i was intoxicated and didn't realize. i enjoyed it though :)

So I finally tried the chicken sandwich. My son brought some home. It tastes like greasy diner. I am not going to say it is bad, because it isn't, but I'll stick with Chick-fil-A.

I still can't bring myself to intentionally eat 42 grams of fat, including 14 grams of saturated fat in one sandwich item.

The quality of the sandwich can vary depending on how fresh it is. When it first came out they were turning over so quickly that they didn't get a chance to sit around, so you always got a fresh one. Now that isn't always the case. Likewise, sometimes you can get one with too much mayo on it -- it just needs enough to give it some flavor and keep it moist, if it's dripping out the sides it's too much.

ever notice that sometimes the chicken has an odd texture to it? Kind of like rubbery.

Since we are talking spicy stuff has anyone tried a scorpion pepper? I had never heard of them until I saw this YouTube video about the spiciest burger in Texas. The video was insane and there’s no way I’d ever do that to my stomach.

I ordered a bottle of the Tabasco scorpion pepper sauce a while back. I like it, but I prefer the Tabasco Habanero sauce. I just like the "fruitiness" of the habanero.

The Tabasco scorpion sauce does have a good amount of heat, but not a ton of flavor.

I've not eaten any crazy scorpion, carolina reaper or ghost pepper infused/coated foods. My 51 year old GI tract is showing struggles when processing very spicy foods. I'll still knock back some chicken vindaloo on occasion, but I find myself dialing back spice levels as my decrepitude advances.

I ordered a bottle of the Tabasco scorpion pepper sauce a while back. I like it, but I prefer the Tabasco Habanero sauce. I just like the "fruitiness" of the habanero.

The Tabasco scorpion sauce does have a good amount of heat, but not a ton of flavor.

I've not eaten any crazy scorpion, carolina reaper or ghost pepper infused/coated foods. My 51 year old GI tract is showing struggles when processing very spicy foods. I'll still knock back some chicken vindaloo on occasion, but I find myself dialing back spice levels as my decrepitude advances.
I’m 56 and I’ve abused my gi tract over the years. I’ve also found that the older I get no amount of ice cream does anything to help you out.

Ranch is half mayo or more.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom