Popeye's Chicken Sandwich (2 Viewers)

mine just got rid of them recently

the next Popeyes had them last few times I was there but it 20 minutes out of the way

Our Popeyes in Charleston got rid of them, but over Thanksgiving I was in NOVA and the one on Route 1 out towards Belvoir has them. I was very happily surprised.

The cajun rice was my go to. :(
Mine too the green beans sucked but the rice was good. Off the subject but if anyone has the recipe for the green beans Ochsher main hospital serves then please pass it on. I know it’s hard to believe about hospital food but their green beans are good.

Mine too the green beans sucked but the rice was good. Off the subject but if anyone has the recipe for the green beans Ochsher main hospital serves then please pass it on. I know it’s hard to believe about hospital food but their green beans are good.
I've never had hospital green beans... but a lot of people like mine.

Saute down a chopped onion in butter. Add chopped bacon. When onions start getting clear, stir in green beans making sure they are coated and season with a little Tony's. If green beans are fresh, cover with a lid until they get soft. If canned, skip this step. Turn up heat and put a little caramelization on them.

Man, I just started my Keto again, and yall had to bring up this darn chicken sandwich.. blast yall....

Man, I just started my Keto again, and yall had to bring up this darn chicken sandwich.. blast yall....
I make keto fried chicken by coating it in coconut flour and parmesan cheese. Keto bread is another puzzle altogether. I haven't mastered a good one yet. However, I do make a great keto pizza crust with almond flour and mozzerella.

I've never had hospital green beans... but a lot of people like mine.

Saute down a chopped onion in butter. Add chopped bacon. When onions start getting clear, stir in green beans making sure they are coated and season with a little Tony's. If green beans are fresh, cover with a lid until they get soft. If canned, skip this step. Turn up heat and put a little caramelization on them.
We tried your recipe for the green beans tonight and they were very good!

Taco Bell enters the Chicken Sandwich Wars
===================================

Everyone seems to love fried chicken sandwiches. But how about a fried chicken sandwich on a taco? Taco Bell is making that dream come true with its new Crispy Chicken Sandwich Taco.

It's a creative concoction: The all-white piece of chicken is marinated in jalapeño buttermilk and fried with a crunchy tortilla chip coating, served in a puffy bread that's shaped as a taco. That's then topped in a creamy chipotle sauce. There's also a spicy version that includes an additional topping of jalapeño slices.

Taco Bell is serving the tacos only at participating restaurants in Nashville, Tennessee, and Charlotte, North Carolina, beginning on March 11 for $2.49. A nationwide rollout is planned for later this year, signaling the chain is ready to grow its menu again following a major reduction last year. ................

Taco Bell joins the chicken wars with a new taco (msn.com)

Taco Bell enters the Chicken Sandwich Wars
===================================

Everyone seems to love fried chicken sandwiches. But how about a fried chicken sandwich on a taco? Taco Bell is making that dream come true with its new Crispy Chicken Sandwich Taco.

It's a creative concoction: The all-white piece of chicken is marinated in jalapeño buttermilk and fried with a crunchy tortilla chip coating, served in a puffy bread that's shaped as a taco. That's then topped in a creamy chipotle sauce. There's also a spicy version that includes an additional topping of jalapeño slices.

Taco Bell is serving the tacos only at participating restaurants in Nashville, Tennessee, and Charlotte, North Carolina, beginning on March 11 for $2.49. A nationwide rollout is planned for later this year, signaling the chain is ready to grow its menu again following a major reduction last year. ................

Taco Bell joins the chicken wars with a new taco (msn.com)
Yeah, cuz when I think of fried chicken, I think of Taco Bell. Just bring back the Mexican pizza and chili cheese burrito.

I thought the chicken sandwich wars were over.

For what it's worth

According to this apart from a brief Popeye's uprising there never was a war (granted this is online only, but it's very interesting)
===================================================

In the ongoing chicken sandwich wars, Chick-fil-A is easily the delivery winner with 45% of the market share.

Fast food brands have been competing in the red-hot chicken sandwich segment since August 2019, when Popeyes introduced a fried chicken sandwich. Online spats and snarky tweets quickly created a rivalry between Popeyes and Chick-fil-A in the months since.

But despite the ongoing competition between the two top chicken sandwich chains, Chick-fil-A has been the nearly undisputed winner in online orders for nearly two years. The chain's streak was only broken briefly in January 2020, when Popeyes overtook it in market share, according to data from Edison Trends.

In December 2020, the most recent month Edison has data for, Chick-fil-A was the clear winner with 45% of online order market share. Popeyes was a distant second with 17%, only barely beating McDonald's 16%...................

Chick-fil-A is still the chicken sandwich king among people ordering delivery (msn.com)

chicken.jpg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom