Popeye's Chicken Sandwich (2 Viewers)

Popeyes really did start a chicken sandwich war. Mcdonalds rolled out 2 new sandwiches, a standard and spicy but looks to be more of a chick-fil-a style sandwich.

No. It's different. Has a medium spicy tartar sauce and pickles on the bun. That's about it. The filet was huge though. The sandwich was fine. But I'd still much prefer a spicy chicken sandwich.
I’d say that tartar sauce + pickles sounds redundant, but screw that b/c I love me some tartar sauce and some pickles!

I’d say that tartar sauce + pickles sounds redundant, but screw that b/c I love me some tartar sauce and some pickles!

Tbh, the pickles sort of overpowered the rest of the sandwich. They were a bit thicker cut than your usual pickles. Next time, I'll try sans pickles and see if that's better.

No. It's different. Has a medium spicy tartar sauce and pickles on the bun. That's about it. The filet was huge though. The sandwich was fine. But I'd still much prefer a spicy chicken sandwich.

I just had one. It wasn't terrible, but im not sure I need one again. Definetly not on the level of the chicken sandwich. The fillet is massive, though.

At this point in the chicken sandwich wars, a fast-food chain needs to have its own version just to remain relevant even if it doesn't really move the needle on sales. Any announcement that a new version will be hitting the market is pretty much greeted with a yawn.

Yet Burger King's decision to introduce its own chicken sandwich is different because its parent holding company Restaurant Brands International (NYSE: QSR) also owns Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen, which effectively reignited the war two years ago when it introduced its spicy chicken version.

There's a real risk that by pitting two of its own brands -- Burger King against Popeyes -- Restaurant Brands will undermine what has been the mainstay of its growth..............

Restaurant Brands Pits Burger King Against Popeyes in Chicken Sandwich Wars (msn.com)

I've eaten at Burger King before. There's no risk.

Back in high school I went through a brief BK chicken sandwich phase. I thought they were good. One night I woke up with some kind of food poisoning. It sucked. Haven't had one since.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom