Popeye's Chicken Sandwich (11 Viewers)

Back in high school I went through a brief BK chicken sandwich phase. I thought they were good. One night I woke up with some kind of food poisoning. It sucked. Haven't had one since.
I got food poisoning also from those BK chicken sandwiches also, driving back from the Saints/Dolphins game at Tiger Stadium, both my wife and I got the BK chicken sandwich, early the next morning we were both sick as a dog.

They used to have those international chicken sandwiches. In high school my buddy would come to my house with one of each (I think there were 3) and scarf them all down. Man teenage boys are disgusting.

The original BK chicken sandwich is awesome. It’s the mayo.

I enjoyed those chicken sandwiches on occasion when I was in college. Haven't had one since. I think I've eaten at BK once since 1995. And that one time I got the Whopper. A lot of the places I've lived wasn't close to one, so that's probably the biggest reason I haven't stepped in one in so long.

Popeye's, Canes and Waffle House are the only corp fast food I even consider if I'm in the home area. The rest are only refuel stops for road trips. I know 5 different local burger shops where I can get a handmade patty 4 times the size of McD's or BK lounge with handcut fries, onion rings, or fried mushrooms for ~1$ more than what I'd pay the corp chain. Granted I don't get a drink, but that's why I keep either a cold bottle of Coke imported from Mexico or adult beverage of choice.

This does not even factor in the handmade tortilla's and authentic South American places around the corner, 10 Chinese, 3 or 4 Greek\Lebanese, 3 pizza places, 2 BBQ's and countless po'boy shops ready to provide a meal which simply isn't matched by corporate fast food. I can only imagine those of you in a more populated area would have even more options.

Tbh, the pickles sort of overpowered the rest of the sandwich. They were a bit thicker cut than your usual pickles. Next time, I'll try sans pickles and see if that's better.

I actually like to snack on them separately. When they are thick cut like that, I find more enjoyment in a nice snacking crunch. There’s enough pickle juice soaked up by the bun to still give the flavor.

They used to have those international chicken sandwiches. In high school my buddy would come to my house with one of each (I think there were 3) and scarf them all down. Man teenage boys are disgusting.
So one month during Senior yr in HS, BK was having some $.39 sale for their burger
My friend and I would go every lunch
We decided to let the backseat be an homage
So we finished the month with 20ish BK bags
gross

Back in high school I went through a brief BK chicken sandwich phase. I thought they were good. One night I woke up with some kind of food poisoning. It sucked. Haven't had one since.
same, except for me, it was hungry jacks.

same, except for me, it was hungry jacks.

c4760b5e-363d-4431-bde6-da67c3f36f2b_text.gif

I used to love the BK chicken sandwich.. from the time i was a little kid, it was always my go-to whenever we went there.. for some reason, what sticks out to me about it was how they cut the sandwich in half, but instead of slicing it normally, it was sort of a diagonal slice... weird.. And I remember when i was in college, they came out with the “international” versions of their chicken sandwich- they slapped on some marinara sauce and called one the ‘Italian’ chicken sandwich’, salsa for the ‘Mexican’, etc.. Silly, but they were actually pretty good.. havent had one in years though.

I used to love the BK chicken sandwich.. from the time i was a little kid, it was always my go-to whenever we went there.. for some reason, what sticks out to me about it was how they cut the sandwich in half, but instead of slicing it normally, it was sort of a diagonal slice... weird.. And I remember when i was in college, they came out with the “international” versions of their chicken sandwich- they slapped on some marinara sauce and called one the ‘Italian’ chicken sandwich’, salsa for the ‘Mexican’, etc.. Silly, but they were actually pretty good.. havent had one in years though.
My wife and I grab one about twice a year. They still taste exactly the same as I did when I was a kid. I eat nothing else at BK.

I loved the "Italian" one with the marinara sauce and provolone cheese. I also recall the "French" one was a cordon bleu where they threw ham and Swiss cheese on it. Never tried that one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom