Popeye's Chicken Sandwich (3 Viewers)

They mean Popeyes "brought back" nuggets -- they had them around 1986-87 or so. At least at the location near Transcontinental and West Esplanade in Metairie. That was the one location that Al Copeland himself still owned, so maybe they tried stuff out at that location.

Had Hardee’s BLT chicken ranch sandwich just the other day

solid B

not top tier but far from the worse I’ve had

They mean Popeyes "brought back" nuggets -- they had them around 1986-87 or so. At least at the location near Transcontinental and West Esplanade in Metairie. That was the one location that Al Copeland himself still owned, so maybe they tried stuff out at that location.
They had them at other locations. It was my go-to as a kid when the family got Popeyes, since I wasn't a big fan of bone-in chicken. Those nuggets with their sweet and sour dipping sauce was the bomb.

They had them at other locations. It was my go-to as a kid when the family got Popeyes, since I wasn't a big fan of bone-in chicken. Those nuggets with their sweet and sour dipping sauce was the bomb.
I used to live across Vets and over a few blocks from the Popeyes that became a Super Popeyes. The nuggets were great for a few reasons. First, they weren't hot, but they had a good flavor seasoning to them. Second, they weren't formed pieces-parts like the McNuggets - they were similar to Chick-fil-a nuggets where they were oddly shaped. And finally, they always gave you more in the order than your ordered. If you ordered a 9-piece, you got 11 or 12.

I loved those things.

They've nixed onion rings and dirty rice 😭😭😭
Sure did, axing the good sides. I dont know about you all, but the few times I have ordered the chicken sandwich, I could only eat half of it due to some of it being undercooked in the thick areas of the breast, so after the 2nd time in a row, I'm noped out for good.

Sure did, axing the good sides. I dont know about you all, but the few times I have ordered the chicken sandwich, I could only eat half of it due to some of it being undercooked in the thick areas of the breast, so after the 2nd time in a row, I'm noped out for good.
Same store? I’ve never had that happen. That is a pretty major no no for a place that only does chicken.

Same store? I’ve never had that happen. That is a pretty major no no for a place that only does chicken.
Same here. I've had the sandwich several times at 2 different places and the chicken was cooked all the way through every time. So...idk.

I'm in the minority.

I'm not a big fan of Popeye's chicken sandwich.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom