Votes: 95 44.4%
  • It's okay only if the person has some medical condition

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • So what? It's still Popeyes

Votes: 69 32.2%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 15 7.0%

• Total voters
it's so way past time for the rest of the country to realize that it's possible for food to actually have flavor

The worst is when other places think they can take anything and dump a ridiculous pile of cajun seasoning on it, and BAM - you've got Louisiana food!

It doesn't matter, mild or spicey half the time you have to "pull up" and wait. They seem unprepared for the contingency of someone ordering chicken.

^^this; although i only get spicy. i'd say every 4 out of 5 times i go to the popeyes drive-thru, they tell me to pull up or park for 10-15 minutes, which usually leads me to go inside and wait anyways. its almost as if they cook to order.

I've heard that if you go to other parts of the country, the "spicy" chicken at Popeye's is the same as the mild in Louisiana, and the mild is at a whole other level of flavorlessness. Can anyone confirm?

Church's is disgusting. KFC is ok but the chicken is way too greasy for my liking.

Popeye's is clearly superior. Chicken, mashed potatoes, biscuits, fries, everything is greatness. Yes they are a bit slow but I've only once had food that wasn't awesome from there and the next time I went back it was as good as always.

And for the record, I prefer mild over spicy :covri:

I think Church's biscuits are far better

I've heard that if you go to other parts of the country, the "spicy" chicken at Popeye's is the same as the mild in Louisiana, and the mild is at a whole other level of flavorlessness. Can anyone confirm?

I don't know about all that, but the spicy in other regions is toned way down. But there's still a bit of spice in there - is the Louisiana mild still a little spicy? I don't think I've ever had it. Or at least don't remember anything about it.

I think Church's biscuits are far better

Did you hear about the New Orleanian interviewed after Katrina? The reporter said "How do you think the community will handle many of the churches being flooded?"

The New Orleanian said "I don't think it will be a problem - we get our chicken at popeyes."

it always amazes me, in areas where there exist both Popeyes and other places such as KFC, Churches, or whatever-- that the other places stay in business at all..

Good Popeyes is great, but their quality is highly variable by location. Some of the places I have been the chicken is bland and soggy and the biscuits are dry... they really need to do something about their quality control because I have certain expectations when I pull into a Popeyes.

Always get the spicy.

In Nashville, the spicy a bit spicier than the mild is in New Orleans and the mild is like, well, I don't know what the mild is like.

I remember when I was younger pulling the skin off a piece and there being a full layer of red spice on the meat. I don't recall seeing that lately though. Perhaps even the New Orleans spicy has been dumbed down over time?

There's supposed to be some place nearby called "Prince's" that is 'the original' spicy chicken franchise. The "hot" supposedly induces seizures. I am looking forward to trying it.

Did you hear about the New Orleanian interviewed after Katrina? The reporter said "How do you think the community will handle many of the churches being flooded?"

The New Orleanian said "I don't think it will be a problem - we get our chicken at popeyes."

Lol

Good Popeyes is great, but their quality is highly variable by location. Some of the places I have been the chicken is bland and soggy and the biscuits are dry... they really need to do something about their quality control because I have certain expectations when I pull into a Popeyes.

Yeah, you gotta know which ones to go to. Magazine and Marengo is usually pretty good. The one in algiers on degaulle is usually good too. Both do a lot of volume.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

For the record, I have never ordered anything other than spicy, but my wife and kids get the mild. IDK what the big deal is, even when the chicken is pure red, it's not even very spicy. I usually got to add some hot sauce on it.

Is the spicy chicken at Popeyes more spicy in state versus out of state? YES. This is undeniable, not debatable. A close friend(there's a pretty funny mild chicken story involving this guy that I'll save for later if the thread continues) and I wondered the same thing and put it to the test. On the day we were to fly home from DC we each grabbed a two piece. We ate one piece immediately and saved the other. When we got to the N.O for a head to head comparison we went straight to the Popeyes on Loyola. Several hours between tasting the two samples said one thing, we both reached the same conclusion. the second test, eye ball test, confirmed it. The pieces we got in Kenner in deed had more seasoning on it once the skin was pulled away. Irrefutable evidence gentlemen. Popeyes in state (sample size one Popeyes) is better than out-of-state (sample size again was one Popeyes). I know, I know this is hardly scientific, but I think it somewhat confirms what we all think when we walk into a Popeyes outside of New Orleans.

Side note: If we're ranking Popeyes in the city:
1. Carollton (the service can be awful sometimes but the chicken is always on point.)
2. Gen. Degaulle
3. Loyola
4. Airline Hwy (I always forget about this location so when I run across it always seems like a beacon of light)
5. Magazine

Its a wasted trip if I accidentally get the mild instead of the spicy. If I find out close enough to the store, I go and get them to fix it, plus apology coupons.

Is the spicy chicken at Popeyes more spicy in state versus out of state? YES. This is undeniable, not debatable. A close friend(there's a pretty funny mild chicken story involving this guy that I'll save for later if the thread continues) and I wondered the same thing and put it to the test. On the day we were to fly home from DC we each grabbed a two piece. We ate one piece immediately and saved the other. When we got to the N.O for a head to head comparison we went straight to the Popeyes on Loyola. Several hours between tasting the two samples said one thing, we both reached the same conclusion. the second test, eye ball test, confirmed it. The pieces we got in Kenner in deed had more seasoning on it once the skin was pulled away. Irrefutable evidence gentlemen. Popeyes in state (sample size one Popeyes) is better than out-of-state (sample size again was one Popeyes). I know, I know this is hardly scientific, but I think it somewhat confirms what we all think when we walk into a Popeyes outside of New Orleans.

Side note: If we're ranking Popeyes in the city:
1. Carollton (the service can be awful sometimes but the chicken is always on point.)
2. Gen. Degaulle
3. Loyola
4. Airline Hwy (I always forget about this location so when I run across it always seems like a beacon of light)
5. Magazine

Bravo, and + rep.. You are a man who seems truly passionate about his fried chicken-- and I dig that about you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom