Portal 1 & 2 (First Person Shooters) (1 Viewer)

My son and I still play Breath of the wild daily. There's a whole thread on it here somewhere.

Nice. On Nintendo I liked Mario Kart, Super Mario, sport's games, and Donkey Kong Country. Currently have the Wii U and Wii, not really thinking about the Switch. My old job had the Nintendo Switch there, so tried out the new Mario Kart. I like Nintendo's style though, they try to keep the games fun, and less tech. I think Madden was ruined by the complications of controls. It's unplayable at this point, maybe that's why it's a professional's game now?

1582854529787.png

I've long 'beaten' breath of the wild. But I still put in an hour or more at a time just exploring. It's probably the best game I've ever played. I mean, it's the only game my wife will actually watch me play. It's a dream come true. ;)

You into Assassins Creed? I think that's similar, never played it though. Never liked 3rd person's shooters, just seemed distant. Glad you got some entertainment value on Zelda. Watched a quick clip of it on YouTube, seems like an adventure of some sort.

The Rest of Us,

i am sorry, the what now??

:mad:

yeah, Portal is a fantastic game but it's not the goat

there truly isn't anything like it...there is a really good first person puzzle game called The Talos Principle that has a similar feel but it doesn't have the awesome dialog

i keep hoping they make a ps4 version of Portal 2 but it doesn't seem likely....i guess i could dust off the old XBone and play it there....

i am sorry, the what now??

:mad:

yeah, Portal is a fantastic game but it's not the goat

there truly isn't anything like it...there is a really good first person puzzle game called The Talos Principle that has a similar feel but it doesn't have the awesome dialog

i keep hoping they make a ps4 version of Portal 2 but it doesn't seem likely....i guess i could dust off the old XBone and play it there....

1582903014878.png

Sorry, I meant the game, The Last of Us, not The Rest of Us. I played the game for like 30 minutes, but just watched it as a movie on YouTube. Good story, just don't like 3rd person shooters generally. I think the only 3rd person shooter I liked playing was Journey on PS3. Pretty unique game.

1582902706499.png

I will take a look at The Talos Principe, thanks for the recommendation.

I think the only 3rd person shooter I liked playing was Journey on PS3. Pretty unique game.

i wouldn't put Journey into the 3rd person shooter category...it's barely even a video game

i wouldn't put Journey into the 3rd person shooter category...it's barely even a video game

LOL. Well, whatever it is, it was fun playing it. Great game if you have a stressful job and need a stressless video game to play. Wiki called it a Indie Adventure Game. You didn't like it?

LOL. Well, whatever it is, it was fun playing it. Great game if you have a stressful job and need a stressless video game to play. Wiki called it a Indie Adventure Game. You didn't like it?

yeah, adventure game maybe...i didn't care for it...it seemed like a poor attempt to convince people that a video game can be art but it struggled to prove it was either

yeah, adventure game maybe...i didn't care for it...it seemed like a poor attempt to convince people that a video game can be art but it struggled to prove it was either

Journey was refreshing, because it was unlike any game I played before. Other players would show up and your just sorta going with it. It was a peaceful game and it was unique, thought it was a good game. Will play it again sometime. It's not for everyone, that's for sure. You have to be in the right mood for it also. That Flower game that came with it, that one I didn't get. lol What was that all about?

I'm currently working on Portal 2 again, need a change of pace. Civilization and Age of Empires series are fun, it's a little repetitive though, with all the building, and managing everything though. Let's you conquer the world.

Looks like the gaming industry is pushing virtual reality, what you think of that?

1582940071205.png

Looks like the gaming industry is pushing virtual reality, what you think of that?

i have no interest in it but i think it's going to stay...it will never take over the traditional ways to play but it's probably not going anywhere

you maybe should check out No Man's Sky...it was a disaster when it launched but it has improved so much....it's more or less a sci-fi version of Minecraft but with more survival and exploration....i find it to be pretty relaxing to play

Portal 2 was terrific and rewarding. I loved the humor and the challenges of each level. J.K. Simmons was brilliant in this game.

Yup! Just finished Portal 2 again and it was brilliant. The story definitely builds the more you play the game, because there are always things you miss.

1583312125305.png

So, I was looking over games to buy when my computer comes in, and pretty much have decided to get Quake Champions and Battlefield 1. Any one played these ones? What you think?

Update: Well, Quake Champions was a little bit of a let down, but that's just my first impression of it. Looking forward to Battlefield 1 soon. Wolfenstein II looks amazing on my new system. The graphics have definitely made a leap forward over the last five years.

Last edited:
So, I was looking over games to buy when my computer comes in, and pretty much have decided to get Quake Champions and Battlefield 1. Any one played these ones? What you think?

Eh, BF1 got boring quickly.

Eh, BF1 got boring quickly.

Yeah, I felt the same about BF4, but still played on and off for a couple of years. My favorite game from the Battlefield series so far was, Battlefield 1942. Never played a World War I game, so it should at least be a good change of pace.

Update: Battlefield 1 has excellent graphics and it really felt realistic. It only cost a couple of dollars for the game also.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom