positives and negatives for saints going into sunday (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Positives.Our biggest is number 1
Andrews is out his replacement Winston Justice. Justice gave up 6 sacks two years ago so maybe he got better, but we should be able to get a better pass rush.

Obviously Kolb will be starting. His career has been horrible so far with 4 picks and 0 tds.

Mcnabb is most likely out, and Garcia wont know the playbook as thorough.

Mike Bell played extremely well, PT is back so Reggie should be able to be more free to catch passes and return kicks.

Brees should torch there D. Though Samuels can be dangerous.

Bushrod did well last week should be more comfortable with first game nerves gone..

Negatives.
Brian Westbrook. The guy can do a lot from catch to run. Screens are dangerous.

DeSean Jackson. Extremely fast, will need to contain him. Wicked speed.

Asante Samuels: Pretty good, we should try to get colston on him to bully him around.

Their dline is quick and good. Cole vs Bushrod could be a potential nightmare if bushrod isnt on his game.

Prediction Saints 45 Eagles 21

Feel free to add on

It's Asante Samuel, and he's not even their best CB. That honor would go to Sheldon Brown who's one of the most physical and best man corners in the league (who picked off Delhomme twice last week, BTW). Even though i've read Colston will draw Samuel on coverage, wouldn't it make sense for the Eagles to play Brown in him? Colston's 6'4'' 225 frame is a huge mismatch against Samuel at 5'10'' 185 lb.

I disagree to a point about best corner.

It's Asante Samuel, and he's not even their best CB. That honor would go to Sheldon Brown who's one of the most physical and best man corners in the league (who picked off Delhomme twice last week, BTW). Even though i've read Colston will draw Samuel on coverage, wouldn't it make sense for the Eagles to play Brown in him? Colston's 6'4'' 225 frame is a huge mismatch against Samuel at 5'10'' 185 lb.

If u r talking about balance, then yes i would have to say sheldon. Everybody including me have said that as soon as Samuel would leave the confines of the patriots he would struggle. If anything being in a man scheme has shown how good he really is. Samuel is a straight ball hawk but his strength is in the passing game not the running game. Samuel is a top five corner. Sheldon is a beast but not top 5. If the ball is in the air it is alot more risky throwing against Samuel then Brown IMO.

The Philly D is about quickness and scheme. It is built like a tampa 2 defense. You beat it with a good run game running right at it to neutralize that quickness and wear it down. In the passing game, its good to have a TE who can create mismatches with LBs and get downfield. The idea is to put pressure on the safeties and force them to come up to make plays, like if Im gettin 5yds a carry or if my TE is open at 15-20 yds.

So if Samuel is playing Colston, he'll prolly have some help, esp over the top. But if that help has to come up to make plays, they'll start "cheating up", and are now out of position to give help.

Doesn't hurt having Drew, either. :9:

BTW, the Saint CBs, though not big, gave Calvin Johnson the "blues". They jammed and beat on him at the line. CJs only big play came when Porter got hurt and Jenkins came in.

Then again, what the heck do I know! :hihi:

they will have to double colston or henderson..botton line is on any given play, we'll get single coverage on 1 or more of our playmakers..I don't think they can stop us consistently..game will come down to how our D plays, which I hope is killer

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom