Possible bargains? (1 Viewer)

Not sure if he would be a bargain but Ryan Logan should be high on our list. He can cover outside and slot effectively which fills a major need for us.

Saw something on NFL.com that Logan Ryan is asking for $10 million per year. Not sure we have the budget to pay him. I do think he would look good in black and gold tho!

All I am asking for is to address the WR and LB position with a talented player before starting the seasons

DeAndre Washington and CJ Prosise are two RBs that I’d love to see replace Dwayne Washington. Both can play STs and both are excellent pass catching RBs that could actually contribute on offense.

Anthony Sherman would be an excellent FB to add to the Saints offense. Great lead blocker

DeVondre Campbell is a better LB than he’s getting credit for, and his arrow is still pointing up. He‘s getting knocked because of the notion he’s weak in coverage, but I’ve the guy play quite a bit, and I think that’s false... he’s not great in coverage, but he’s better than Klein in that aspect.

Greg Van Roten is a quality LG that is very solid in pass pro. Cordy Glenn is a mauler in the run game, Peat level or better in pass pro, and versatile enough to play OG and OT.

DeMarcus Robinson and Tajae Sharpe are viable WR options with playmaking ability and upside.

Mackensie Alexander is a very solid Slot CB that still has some upside and could benefit from a change of scenery. 1st round pedigree. (Signing w/ Bengals)
I remember when we signed Demario Davis, the knock on him was that he was a great run stuffer but was weak in coverage.

We've all seen how that's turned out...

I remember when we signed Demario Davis, the knock on him was that he was a great run stuffer but was weak in coverage.

We've all seen how that's turned out...
It was known at the time that the reason Davis had struggled in coverage was because he was too heavy and out of shape. He got some harsh advice and took it to heart.

If anything, Campbell is a bit too skinny for the position.

There should be some decent FB UDFA options. I'd expect to see one or two brought in and maybe a vet FA to compete.
They're pretty much all gone at this point. There's Anthony Sherman, Michael Burton who went to camp with us last year and sat out most of the season, Roosevelt Nix who was out most of the year due to injury and the Steelers just upgraded from, and Danny Vitale (who wasn't very good). They'd all be downgrades from Line except for Sherman. Hopefully we can find a rookie.

Markus Golden, EDGE who played on NYG last year might be a decent bargain?
Recent Notes:
It appears all options are on the table for Golden, who racked up 10 sacks in his first year with the Giants last season. Golden battled inconsistency and injuries during his first three seasons with the Cardinals, but managed to play in all 16 games in 2019. Still, PFF wasn't impressed, ranking him as the league's No. 88 overall edge defender among 124 qualified players. Golden figures to have a decent market if the Giants ultimately decide to head in a different direction.

Giants DC James Bettcher said Markus Golden "was one of the best pass rushers in this league" before his knee injury.

A torn ACL ended Golden's 2017 season, and he struggled in his return from the injury last year. Bettcher oversaw Golden's best seasons in Arizona including his 12.5-sack effort in 2016, and the Giants are clearly hoping he can get back to that level again. Playing on a one-year contract, Golden will find a much hotter market next spring if he returns to form.

Not sure if he would be a bargain but Logan Ryan should be high on our list. He can cover outside and slot effectively which fills a major need for us.
I agree he should be high on the Saints list. Logan just left the Titans. Played for the Patriots. Knows Brady. He even had a Pick-6 against Brady in the playoffs last year. I think he could be the CB we need to solidify the secondary. Don't know if he has signed with any other team yet. I read that the Giants are interested in him.

Theres a couple of XFL guys I'm surprised to see out there unsigned.

Cam Phillips
Tre McBride
Kony Ealy

I agree he should be high on the Saints list. Logan just left the Titans. Played for the Patriots. Knows Brady. He even had a Pick-6 against Brady in the playoffs last year. I think he could be the CB we need to solidify the secondary. Don't know if he has signed with any other team yet. I read that the Giants are interested in him.

he’s still available. Just sent a message thanking Tennessee and stated he will not resign with them.

The depth behind our starters is average at best. I really hope we take a look, would be a big addition.

Paul Richardson
Taylor Gabriel
Hasis Dubois
Lucky Jackson.

All quality wrs who could make this team.

Btw, Whay ever happened to Cyril Grayson from last preseason?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom