Possible fraud at S&WB (1 Viewer)

Dre

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
WVUE : Zurik:

Shocking this could happen in NOLA. On the plus side, I now see where my money from my insane water bill is going.

This is supposed to be about SW&B fraud, and we're in here talking about 'possible'. I mean listen, we talking about 'possible'. Not assumed for years upon years; no... 'possible'.

When they were repairing a broken sewer line in front of our house, they were joking about their hangovers.

However, in their defense, they were quite efficient and got it fixed quickly.

When they were repairing a broken sewer line in front of our house, they were joking about their hangovers.

thats from drinking Schlitz Malt -

In college i worked on Old Gentilly Rd. and at 10 am they would park the trucks on Gentilly and walk into this corner store. Come out, hang out for a few sippin the Schlitz, finish em and take off to work. Lunch at 12. lol

it was nuts. BIG S&WB trucks with hazard lights on double parked for 10-15 min while they hung out.

That resident was shocked when we showed him our findings, including the 46 employees who earned more in extra pay than they did in base salary. One such worker had a base salary of $65,000, but made $100,000 in extra pay. We also found an employee who worked two straight 23-hours days, and another with a 24-hour work day

Seems like the 'stand by' time is the biggest issue, not so much the over time.

But seriously, 165k? I'm in the wrong field.

keeping history alive. The New Orleans political machine as far back at least as Martin Behrman was run by creating cronies positions in that department.

If you think about how the S&WB are complaining about the 415 hour cap on OT and they want 750 hours. Basically, they want all of their people to be able to work every single day of the year. 750hours/52weeks = 14.4 hours/week. That's basically pulling a 7 hr Saturday and 7 hr Sunday.

You were lucky. The guy who built the house next door to mine broke some water line when he poured his driveway, but poured it before it was fixed. (Why the City is paying for something he broke is beyond me, but S&WB came out to fix it).

It was leaking for several months and then they suddenly showed up on a Sunday morning with 4 trucks and about 12 guys. They spent all day standing and sitting around and only managed to cut a 6 foot by 6 foot hole in the street and tear a 4 foot by one foot hole in the driveway. They then under filled the hole in the street and left in the late afternoon.

They came back with just any many trucks and workers couple weekends later and tore out the entire driveway.

A month later a plumbing company shows up that says that they were a subcontractor for S&WB and fixes the leak. (Why are we paying a subcontractor to fix a leak that my neighbor caused?)

A couple weeks later S&WB showed up in the middle of the day and poured a new driveway for my neighbor. I have no idea why he gets a new driveway paid for when he broke the line in the first place and the leak was on his side of the sidewalk.

The 6 foot by 6 foot under filled hole is still int he street with a white and orange barrel in it.

Fraud and the S&WB is like a case of reoccurring case of hemorroids. It's a given.

You were lucky. The guy who built the house next door to mine broke some water line when he poured his driveway, but poured it before it was fixed. (Why the City is paying for something he broke is beyond me, but S&WB came out to fix it).

It was leaking for several months and then they suddenly showed up on a Sunday morning with 4 trucks and about 12 guys. They spent all day standing and sitting around and only managed to cut a 6 foot by 6 foot hole in the street and tear a 4 foot by one foot hole in the driveway. They then under filled the hole in the street and left in the late afternoon.

They came back with just any many trucks and workers couple weekends later and tore out the entire driveway.

A month later a plumbing company shows up that says that they were a subcontractor for S&WB and fixes the leak. (Why are we paying a subcontractor to fix a leak that my neighbor caused?)

A couple weeks later S&WB showed up in the middle of the day and poured a new driveway for my neighbor. I have no idea why he gets a new driveway paid for when he broke the line in the first place and the leak was on his side of the sidewalk.

The 6 foot by 6 foot under filled hole is still int he street with a white and orange barrel in it.

Which is the EXACT opposite of Entergy.

Just had loss where energy pole ( w/ transformer ) was downed. Client got a bill not only for material/equipment and labor, but the revenue lost for that day of repair lolol.

Heck i would be happy with the base i wouldnt even need the overtime.

Assuming that was a labor position vs a supervisor, that's very good pay. I'm fine with good pay for civil servants, but I'm not ok with milking the system to such ridiculous levels.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom