possible free agents safeties (1 Viewer)

which stats should we be looking at?

Pro Football Focus ranked them as the two lowest-graded safeties in the NFL.

Roman Harper = 85 out of 86

Malcolm Jenkins = 86 out of 86

On a defense that was historically porous this season, there’s no position group that can look back and say they played well, and this was especially true at safety, where Malcolm Jenkins and Roman Harper finished as our two lowest-graded at the position. After leading the team in sacks in 2011, Harper transitioned to a deeper, more traditional safety role this season under Spagnuolo, which wasn’t the smartest move considering he’s shown little ability in coverage during his career. Jenkins, in his third season at the position, didn’t show much more in coverage and particularly struggled to finish plays — his 20 missed tackles were two short of the league-high, even though he missed the final three games.

Link

George Wilson, SS, Buffalo Bills (just released). He's a solid (under-rated) veteran Safety with good ball skills and tackling ability. If he checks out medically, he'd be a good signing.

I just saw this. I would love to have him.

stevie brown no question that dude terrorized us and every other QB he went up against.

Pro Football Focus ranked them as the two lowest-graded safeties in the NFL.

Roman Harper = 85 out of 86

Malcolm Jenkins = 86 out of 86

Link
I understand the rank PFF puts on them is poor. but someone said actual stats arent beter than the free agent safeties

Glover Quinn

Glover Quin, SS for the Houston Texans at NFL.com

Quinn is a very well rounded safety who can play either free or strong and would cost less that what Harper currently does.

Glover Quinn Monster Game - YouTube

Corey Lynch

Corey Lynch, SS for the San Diego Chargers at NFL.com

Lynch can back up both safety spots and is a Steve Gleason like special teamer.

Now just move Jenkins back to CB and that helps set the secondary

Stevie Brown, SS for the New York Giants at NFL.com

A restricted free agent he would only cost a 7th round pick to claim him unless the Giants tender him higher. He had 8 picks filling in for an injured Kenny Phillips.

Out of all the safeties above i would keep Harper out of all them. If we cant go after Ed Reed or Dashon Gholston, Harper need to stay. He might just do well in RR system. He thrived in GW system and RR is running dern near the same thing. Keep Harper.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom