possible free agents safeties (1 Viewer)

Nightshade

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Glover Quinn

Glover Quin, SS for the Houston Texans at NFL.com

Quinn is a very well rounded safety who can play either free or strong and would cost less that what Harper currently does.

Glover Quinn Monster Game - YouTube

Corey Lynch

Corey Lynch, SS for the San Diego Chargers at NFL.com

Lynch can back up both safety spots and is a Steve Gleason like special teamer.

Now just move Jenkins back to CB and that helps set the secondary

Stevie Brown, SS for the New York Giants at NFL.com

A restricted free agent he would only cost a 7th round pick to claim him unless the Giants tender him higher. He had 8 picks filling in for an injured Kenny Phillips.

Glover Quinn

Glover Quin, SS for the Houston Texans at NFL.com

Quinn is a very well rounded safety who can play either free or strong and would cost less that what Harper currently does.

Glover Quinn Monster Game - YouTube

Corey Lynch

Corey Lynch, SS for the San Diego Chargers at NFL.com

Lynch can back up both safety spots and is a Steve Gleason like special teamer.

Now just move Jenkins back to CB and that helps set the secondary

Stevie Brown, SS for the New York Giants at NFL.com

A restricted free agent he would only cost a 7th round pick to claim him unless the Giants tender him higher. He had 8 picks filling in for an injured Kenny Phillips.

Quinn is going to get a huge contract to play somewhere else.

If you think Jenkins isn't a good safety, I can't wait to hear what u say about Lynch next year if he plays for us.

Brown is good, but I think the giants find a way to keep him.

I think Giants are letting Phillips walk and replacing him with Stevie Brown

surprising to me that no one mentions Abram Elam as a target. He played under ryan with the Browns and Cowbows for a year b4 going to KC last year.

Remember when 3g brought in Pierson Prioleau because he was familiar with the system and could help teach the safeties the scheme? Same scenario

Also the safety position is meant to be interchangeable in this scheme. So even though Elam might be a FS we could sign him to backup both positions.

I would love to bring Louis Delmas, even with the injury risks, Byrd may be too expensive to dream..

Patrick Chung & Louis Delmas are both quality options.

I would really like to add Chung to our secondary. He has played both SS and FS with NE but I like him at FS. He can cover the slot, is a good tackler, and most importantly = affordable.

Delmas has not been able to stay healthy but when he is in the line up he is a gamer.

I'm also not convinced that Kenny Vaccaro is not the pick in the first. Depending on how the draft falls he could be there and be BPA.

If they dont franchise him, I'd love to see William Moore pull a Lofton. Pat Chung would be a sneaky get too. If not for injuries the last few years, he'd be one of the better S in the league.

George Wilson, SS, Buffalo Bills (just released). He's a solid (under-rated) veteran Safety with good ball skills and tackling ability. If he checks out medically, he'd be a good signing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom