Possible Saints Prospect: Southeastern Louisiana University QB - Cole Kelley (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Former Arkansas Razorback QB and Walter Payton award winner with SLU has looked really good and continues to improve. Would you take a look at him in the mid rounds of the draft provided his stock doesn't rise during the playoffs? SLU has the #1 offense in the FCS Nation and just put up 38 points so far on the #1 defense tonight. Other notable FCS QBs and players: Joe Flacco, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Taylor Heinicke, Trey Lance, Jimmy Garoppolo, Carson Wentz, Cooper Kupp, Darius Leonard, Terron Armstead, David Johnson, James Robinson, Janoris Jenkins. Solid players and QBs.

SeasonGPRushPassTotalAvg/G
2020-2174626622708386.9
Total2963671127748267.2
Career Honors:
- 2021 Athlon Sports FCS Preseason All-America (First Team)
- 2020-21 Stats Perform FCS Walter Payton Award Winner
- 2020-21 Stats Perform FCS All-America (First Team)
- 2020-21 Associated Press FCS All-America (Second Team)
- 2020-21 Athlon Sports FCS All-America (First Team)
- 2020-21 Hero Sports FCS All-America (First Team)
- 2020-21 Phil Steele FCS All-America (Third Team)
- 2020-21 Southland Conference Offensive Player of the Year
- 2020-21 All-Southland Conference (Second Team)
- 2020-21 Louisiana Offensive Player of the Year
- 2020-21 All-Louisiana (First Team)
- 2020-21 Stats Perform FCS National Offensive Player of the Week (April 20)
- 2020-21 Southland Conference Offensive Player of the Week (April 19)
- 2020-21 Louisiana Offensive Player of the Week (March 16)
- 2019 STATS FCS National Offensive Player of the Week (Nov. 11)
- 2019 Southland Conference Offensive Player of the Week (Nov. 11)

That's a big boy lol. Don't know if he's the type of guy Payton looks for when draft time comes around but he's having a hell of a season.

He throws pretty deep ball
I agree, he's got good ball velocity on the deep ball too...and his mid field throws look like they have the right amount of zip as well, none of that TS floaty stuff we've been seeing the last 4 weeks...but then again it's a highlight reel designed to make him look good. Lets see some of those head scratchers that's got him at the bottom of the board and playing FCS ball to make a balanced assessment.

Malik Willis is good high 2nd round QB prospect.

no and hell no, suffered too much under his play at AR. Immobile and not that smart.

I’m by no means a QB scout but from that video I could see the kid has really good poise in the pocket, really good foot work (no happy feet), really good body control, great arm strength, and for the first 4-5 plays of the video there was a defender about to hit him and he still threw a very accurate deep ball. From looking at the stats provided he seems to be able to get yards with his legs when he needs to.

Like someone else said though it is a highlight video so I’d like to see some footage of other plays where he has to read defenses and go through progressions of 3rd-5th options. I don’t know what USL’s schedule looked like but how did he perform against better competition and not just FCS schools?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom