Possible scoring change (1 Viewer)

Eagles Fan

Reaction score
I, for one, like the current scoring system. We used to give a QB one point for every 50 yards passing and 3 points for a touchdown pass. I was told that wasnt enough. So we changed it. Now it is is one point for every 25 yards passing and 4 points for a touchdown pass. I think that is better. Some people want to change it to give a QB 5 or even 6 points for a TD pass. I think that is too many. As stated before, a running back or receiver gets 6 points for a touchdown becuase they dont have as many. I mean, a top running back will get you 20 touchdowns put a top QB will get you 40. Thtas why they get less points. So I dont want to increase the points per touchdown. If we do increase it to 5 points, I suggest we deduct a point for an interception then. And if we increase it to 6 points for a TD pass, we should deduct 2 points for an interception. That should help keep the scores in check. Personally, I am fine with 4 points for a TD pass with no deductions. And NO, I will NOT start deducting for things like fumbles, dropped passes and missed field goals. No way.

So here are the two basic options:

1) Keep things the way they are - 4 points for a TD pass with no deductions for interceptions. This is what I vote for.

2) Increase the touchdown pass to 6 points, but also give a 2 point deduction for an interception.

Please everyone give me your opinion on this. If you cant log on to the site just email me your response. First one to get 6 votes (in either league) passes.

Thanks guys.

Commish

wolfpac19

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Commish, I thank you for putting the possible scoring change up, however, I am displeased with the slanted way you have delivered the proposals.

Nonetheless, I vote for the 6 TD -2 for interception and -2 for fumbles.

I think it should be penalized.

The reason this is brought up is if a QB throws 3 TD and no INTs they should not get the same point total for 3 TD and 3 INTS. It is a way differiate the good QBs from the average ones. .

Lets really think on this one guys. A int is a game changer so is a fumble it penalizies the real team and a deduction should be done for the fantasy ones.

I agree no for missed field goals.

Thats my take

Roy

Destroyer of Metropolis

OP
OP

Eagles Fan

Reaction score
LOL at Destroyer of Metropolis sir!!!

I see your point about differeinating between the good QBs and the average ones.

Joey has voted NO to the negative points as well though.

mtnoodle

Reaction score
I am speaking of the Big League only. The keeper league is fine.

It used to be that u draft two rbs first. The Qb was later because no one was consistently throwing 40 Tds a year. Plus their points were of less value, and teams ran more. The game has changed and so has fantasy. I used to play in a league were it was six points for any td. So I say six points but with the 2 point deduction.

With new league rules for the flex position, the draft startegy has evolved.

It forces you to start either three Wrs or three Rbs, with the inception of the dual back, the Rb position is depleted. And last year's draft was unique.

If you draft three Rbs early then your Wr depth is very thin, and that thought holds the same for the opposite. So what do you do? You try to achieve the perfect balance. Good luck with that.

Putting more value on the QB will only allow a person to feel more comfortable about their team, thinking that they can replace the lost points with their QB. KInd of like a golf handicap. They then will place more value on the QB, allowing that particulair team to be a little inbalanced overall. What does one do? Pick Brady in the first but go thin at other spots. Or go RB, RB, and feel comfortable enough to pick ur QB later.

What it does do, is it puts even more startegy into the draft, while spreading and stretching the overall depth at each position throughout the draft by equalizing each position's value. Each position is thin anyway. Ther has to be a decution of points, I play like that in Baseball and we cannot just give points away.

just my thoughts

Mike

Plus I am trading CP and I cannot believe no one would want him.

Tbba

Reaction score
I vote No. How can you take points away from A QB? If your Qb throws a pass and the receiver has it go in and out of his hands, how is that the Qb's fault? If the QB throws a Hail Mary pass at the end of the game, in a crowd how do you take away points for that? Jerome has also voted No.

Destroyer IV

Reaction score
Well, ya'll know I will give my 2 cents worth or should I say my $65 worth.:hihi:

I am against deduction of points period, if we charge QBs for INTs then we will be forced to deduct points for each fumble or missed field goals as well, my opinion. If we deduct points for INTs, how many QBs in the league are low on INTs? You would have guys like Chad Pennington and Kerry Collins elevated in their postions because they do not throw many INTs.

Reading all the posts, we all would like each position equal in points. If that is our goal then why don't we start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Def/ST. It is my belief that there will never be equality in FF. Having the scoring system we have today widens the range of good QB ratings so we all can have a good QB. Tom Brady and Payton Manning is widely regarded as elite QBs, why do we want to pad their numbers even more because they don't throw many INTs.

In short, I vote a big NO!!!

Jerry
Cowboys Star

OP
OP

Eagles Fan

Reaction score
I just got an email from Troy of the keeper league Zeros. He has also voted NO. He wants to keep things the way they are.

So, with me, Joey, August, Troy and Jerome in the keeper, we only need one more no vote to make that official. In the big league we have no votes from Jerry, me and Joey.

I agree with Augie there too. How do you penalize a QB for throwing an interception when the ball is tipped or on a Hail Mary pass? Its not his fault.

Back to what Michael and Jerry were saying - no draft is every "equal". Nor should it be. Every team has a different draft strategy. Thats what it so interesting. There were years in the past wehn Doug went running back in rounds 1, 2 and 3. He was strong there but weak elsewhere. One year Jonathon went wide receiver in rounds one through three. Also, there is a difference in quarterbacks! If you take Drew Brees or Pyetion Manning in round one, you are pretty much assured of getting 35 touchdowns and 4000 yards passing. If you wait until round 7 and take a quarterback, you will be good elsewhere but would be stuck with a Kerry Collins or Jason Campbell, someone who throws 20 touchdowns and 2000 yards passing. So its very fair the way it is, I think.

Stephen

mtnoodle

Reaction score
just a thought

for the big league only

how about an auction draft? this allows everyone to have an option on every draftee.

metropolis

Reaction score
No no no

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
no
no
no!

Keep it the way it is,deducting points is stupid! They don't do it in the NFL so it shouldn't be done in fantasy.Yes I would like it to be 6 points for a QB just because it seems thats the way it should be,but I think that there are plenty of ways to score in high numbers.Look at all the 100 point or close to it scores we have had over the last couple seasons.Why do we need more points and why would we want to deduct any. I think its fine just the way it is!

OUT-THE MIGHTY RAFECES
AKA WOLFPAC KILLA'

OP
OP

Eagles Fan

Reaction score
Well said by the Mighty Rafeces!

I think with that we have 7 votes. Now we have a majority to kill this idea. So...touchdown passes will remail at 4 points each. And there will be no deduction of points for anything.

And no to doing an auction league!!

wolfpac19

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
For once I agree with Rafeces, absolutely not on an auction draft Mike, what are you talking about, makes no sense, it destroys the intigrity of the draft. Bidding of the highest player come on, we already pay league fees now this ridiculous. And Michael, I dont understand your first post?

Now it seems this proposals has went down in flames, but dont worry guys and gal, I will revisit this next year. I just remember the Romo game on Monday night when he threw 6 TDs but 6 picks against Buffalo that still sticks in my mind, and I just feel that a deduction should have taken place.

As for one arguement stated why a deduction for a Hail Mary, a tipped pass, or ball slipping out of receivers hands, let me switch that for a second if the Hail Mary is caught, the tipped pass is caught, or the ball is bobbled and caught, or a pick that is bobbled and caught by the receiver, you want the yardage points or the TD correct? Absolutely, its all apart of the game, on any given play a host of positive or negative things can happen and I believe it should be scored accordingly. Qb's who throw minimal pick I dont think stock would go up mainly because they probably don't throw a lot of td's plus 6-2 is 4 (TD minus a pick) and thats better than 0 pts for not throw a TD. Scoring has gone up, and it has made it more interesting, but this is the time of the year to bring up suggestion and this was one I for one felt very strongly on unfortunately it seems I may be the only one....

I hate to use this as my last argument but I must, Jake, McNabb, are not even except in this league, Jake has more turnovers, but if they are not penalized, whats the difference between the two? Little if any... Dick you know I'm right on this one....

Lastly, Rafeces, how in order to kill the Pac ya got to win a game against the Pac and you aint did that yet. A wise man name Joe Horn once said in order for it to be a rivalry you must beat the other team first, so lets see if you can do that this year.

Roy

Defeater of Metropolis

Leader of the Revenge Tour (Mike, whatever the heck the name of your team, the target is on you, you are first on my list)

mtnoodle

Reaction score
The name of my team has to change every year.

This year, in rememberence to all of my great brothers and sisters that I lived with is named after the beautiful house that I lived in, in Bermuda for the past six months. I want to be there again!! OK i will know go and kill myself!!

About my first post

Awarding the Qb more points would spread out all of the draftees potentional of scoring value. Instead of someone jumping at all of the Rbs or WRs(and their are not many #1) then they will pick up a QB, allowing more overall chance for someone else that picks later at a RB or WR they so cuvet. If i spelt that correctly. It also allows the Qb to suppliment points that a second teir rb will not get or if your first rb is off that day. The QB will have a chance to make up for those "lost points".

I had Warner last year and after an fantastic game, the most he may have scored me was something like 26 points for one game. But Westbrook scored me something like 35 points for one game. You see adding value to a QB spreads gives the owner a better chance to beat someone.

Plus I know if the vaule goes up, i am forced to pick a QB in the first or second rd. Now that I am not, I will hoard the RBS, and start three everygame!

Hailmarys and etc. are part of the game!

Revenge tour, that was mine, And I no longer have expectations in the big league! I drafted Brees, To, and Witten in the first three rds last year, and I didnt start winning until I traded them for T,Jones, D. Williams, Ca. Johnson, I was smoking everone late in the season. I think I went 6-1, in the last 7 games . But I was already out of it!

I know that all of my focus will be in the KEeper league!! After 7 years, bad first rd picks, trades like TO for Bowe, Felix JOnes for MJD,Moss for Palmer, 4th rd for Welker and holding to players like, TJ, Norwood, and VJ, I have a very scary team!!

Revenge to everyone in the league, Be scared bc I may very well go UNDEAFTED!!

Destroyer IV

Reaction score
I just remember the Romo game on Monday night when he threw 6 TDs but 6 picks against Buffalo that still sticks in my mind
Ok, you make valid points, but how many of those INTs Romo thrown were because he had to force it to TO? Of course I want the points if the ball is caught as well for TDs, that is why we play the game. Deduct points and the fun leaves the game and there will only be 2-3 stacked teams.

I just can't see hurting a QB for a WRs mistake.

Jerry

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom