(possible) silver lining to Drew's injury (x3) (1 Viewer)

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
ha saw that there were 2 other silver lining threads
this def has the 'if everything breaks right' caveat

- Drew comes back after x weeks fully rested
many fans/commentators have pointed to a decline in play by Drew/the offense at the end of seasons - with a healthy Drew in the back half of the season, the offense should be ascending for the playoff push

- Team doesn't get to over rely on Drew
in particular the D will have to play a more aggressive game - we'll need more stops and TOs - this mighght be juts the thing to push the D to the next level

additionally SP will have to stretch his coaching muscles - -we'll see if coach can dip into his old bag-o-tricks to really generate some offense

this will be an interesting ride - -and hopefully a fun one

And if things really fall apart maybe the Saints can get a rare lottery pick (equivalent) and get a good QB or a stud like Jeudy.

The opportunity to transition from Drew to the future of the franchise became a lot easier. I expect to be in position to draft a top QB and am very confident that Sean can select the right guy. Willing to take my lumps in 2019 to set up for the long haul!

At this point, there are a lot of possible scenarios for how the season will turn out and why it might happen that way. While I never expect miracles in these situations, there certainly are enough reasons to stay positive that the season can still be a successful one.

That said, we will learn a lot about our team (and our coaches) in Drew's absence. If some good things happen in our next two games, it can be a momentum springboard for the rest of the schedule. However, if the fans become disgruntled and begin pointing fingers and calling out coaching decisions, things could crumble like a house of cards.

The way I see it, we weren't positive that we were going to breeze through the early part of our schedule even before losing Drew. This means that we were initially going to be relying on establishing some rhythm and some victories toward the middle and end of the season. That may still be the case in the predicament we now find ourselves.

So the season is far from being a wash, and we still have some legitimate hope that Brees will be back in time to pull off some leadership magic before this campaign is over. I'm willing to be patient and see how this plays out. Hopefully the good news begins this afternoon as the news about Drew's post-surgery prognosis becomes public.

It ain't over until WE say it's over! :9:

I remember when I was watching Superbowl 51 in the middle of the third quarter and ATL had a lead of 28-3 and most people thought it was over.

I will not stop believing until the season is officially over. Who dat!

Brees has carried this team and has been able to mask so to speak and make up for the deficiencies of the rest of the team. Now its time to see if the rest of the team can step up for the next few weeks and help cover for the deficiencies of Bridgewater or whoever is playing QB. This is why I love the game of football. It is the ultimate team sport. 11 guys on offense and 11 guys on defense working together as a unit.

Eagles probably thought their season was over when Wentz went down. We all know what happened there. Good thing is, we probably get Drew back; we just need to persevere a little while. Wins normally help that.

ha saw that there were 2 other silver lining threads
this def has the 'if everything breaks right' caveat

- Drew comes back after x weeks fully rested
many fans/commentators have pointed to a decline in play by Drew/the offense at the end of seasons - with a healthy Drew in the back half of the season, the offense should be ascending for the playoff push

- Team doesn't get to over rely on Drew
in particular the D will have to play a more aggressive game - we'll need more stops and TOs - this mighght be juts the thing to push the D to the next level

additionally SP will have to stretch his coaching muscles - -we'll see if coach can dip into his old bag-o-tricks to really generate some offense

this will be an interesting ride - -and hopefully a fun one

You can silver lining the 3 possibilities. 1, we fall apart and get a good draft position for a qb of the future, which is a franchise dire need. 2, we manage to win a couple and then make a run all the way when Drew comes back, which gets a SB win despite all this. 3, we get Drew back but do not win SB because of bad or no playoff seeding, and we get a middle first round pick, which Sean can mortgage the future on to move up for the franchise qb of the future, which is a franchise dire need. Hate to say it but I think the third silver lining scenario is most likely even though I hope for the second.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom