Possible smokescreen-Bengals to pick OT at 9?(MERGED) (1 Viewer)

I think (more and more each day) that both Ellis and Dorsey will both be off the board by the time KC picks. If you want one of them.... you're going to have to move into the top 5. Everyone is thinking that Matt Ryan and Long (the OT) are both sure fire top 5 picks... I just don't see it. I have 4 defensive players rated higher than them and one RB (Dorsey, Ellis, Gholston, Long (Howie's boy), and McFadden... and every team in the top 5 could use a defensive player... and someone is going to take McFadden. I really think that by the time Cincy picks... this will be a moot point.

JMO.

Its a real long shot that Ellis falls at #10...but will keep fingers cross :crossfingers:

Bengals know as well as we do that Ellis and Dorsey will likely be off the board at #9... so they have a backup plan... protect Carson. No need in us getting happy about it. If we want either of those guys we'll need to move into the top 5... 6 if we're real lucky.

I don't know how likely it is that this FO will trade away picks to move that far up to 5. It takes a 3rd to move up to 7. Loomis, who started out a capologist, appears to be signing bargain injured free agents. It looks like the team will keep as many draft picks as possible because it is a way of getting affordable, long term prospects.

this is definately a smokescreen. That dude is a tool that is just tring to make the Saints think they do not have to trade up to get Ellis.

I don't know how likely it is that this FO will trade away picks to move that far up to 5. It takes a 3rd to move up to 7. Loomis, who started out a capologist, appears to be signing bargain injured free agents. It looks like the team will keep as many draft picks as possible because it is a way of getting affordable, long term prospects.

That's what I'm thinking, too. I think Dorsey/Ellis will be gone by 5 or 6. I would much rather us trade back, maybe twice, to get some late 1st and 2nd round picks.

I don't even think the bengals know as of now who they will pick. Defensive tackle indeed is their biggest need, but I would not be surprised if they take an offensive tackle, defensive end or even a running back with their pick.

Problem for them: the top two defensive tackles may be taken, the two defensive ends may be taken, the two offensive tackles may be taken (watch out for what Baltimore may do).

I think this will be a very interesting first round, with more movement then normal.

Chad Johnson was crying to a reporter about not getting Shawn Rodgers, so no way they pass on a DT. You can count on them taking the best defensive player, so it really sucks that they won the tie-breaker against us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom