Possible Solution to LB Problem (Bears Roquan Smith has requested trade) (1 Viewer)

Smith wants to get PAID.

Chi-town is in a somewhat rebuild mode. They could grant him his wish if the deal makes sense for both parties involved.

I don’t think the Saints would want to give him the big deal that he’s looking for which he deserves. Unless they feel Demario only has a couple years left with the team.
He would certainly command a lot of money. But the guy is a stud and worth it in my opinion. Been excellent since entering the league and not even in his prime yet. Chicago might sort it out or he will go somewhere else. Doubt we make a move.

wy0Eyxv9klSjX_mX.jpg
He's a fan of Crab Island

He would certainly command a lot of money. But the guy is a stud and worth it in my opinion. Been excellent since entering the league and not even in his prime yet. Chicago might sort it out or he will go somewhere else. Doubt we make a move.
I’m with you! Two time all-pro is no joke.

Possible? Yes
Do I see it happening? No

They are gonna send him to the AFC if anything

All I know is Smith has been a stud since entering the league and one of the most productive linebackers. Him and DD would cause offense fits. It’s not about “we are only looking for depth”, it’s about “does this guy make our team better” and the answer is yes. He’s obviously an upgrade to Werner who is still young and developing. Smith = Super Bowl.
So there are no downsides to signing Smith? If it's that easy, why isn't he signed?

It may be depth but I think we need to use a 1st or 2nd round pick on an LB in the next couple of years (DD is getting older).
My 5yo godchild is getting older, too. We all are. Your point is that DD is likely closer to the end of his career than the beginning, which is quite a fair argument. That said, we do have some young talent on the roster. I think this season will be telling as for where they are and if we indeed do need to spend a high pick on a LB soon.

All I know is Smith has been a stud since entering the league and one of the most productive linebackers. Him and DD would cause offense fits. It’s not about “we are only looking for depth”, it’s about “does this guy make our team better” and the answer is yes. He’s obviously an upgrade to Werner who is still young and developing. Smith = Super Bowl.

In addition to that, DD is great but he’s old and won’t be around for ages. After DD there is a huge drop off. Smith is a beast and can be your LB1 for years.
We have no money and this guy wants top dollar. This isn’t madden.

Excuse me for not knowing, but my assumption is that Werner is still injured and missed the entire 2nd week of practice and currently is still injured?

So there are no downsides to signing Smith? If it's that easy, why isn't he signed?
Did I say there was no downsides? No. Nor did I claim he was easy to sign.

However the guy is a stud. Do you disagree?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom