Possible trade down for teams wanting Mendenhall/Stewart??? (1 Viewer)

Bak2ThaLab

draftaddict
Reaction score
While doing some draft analysis, I've read that after the combine, several teams were extremely high on Mendenhall and Stewart. My thoughts are the best scenario would be if a team who needs a running back badly (i.e. Carolina -13, Chicago -14, Detriot -15, Arizona -16, and Houston -18) would be willing to part ways with an extra pick or two (according to equal value from the draft chart basically Carolina/Chicago would have to give up an extra 3rd rounder, Detroit - 3rd and 4th rounder, Houston - 2nd rounder), why not move down a couple of spots and we would still be able to probably pick up one of Rivers, McKelvin, or DRC???

Carolina and Arizona are not in the running back market. at least not in the market for a high first rounder. I also do not see houston giving up their first ans second for our first.

If I were the bears or the lions and I needed a running back like they do I would consider it although there are a lot of running backs in the draft that are pretty good and they will probably sit tight and just get whoever is out there at the time

T

If we can even get a 1st and 3rd or 4th that would be a win for us.

Houston needs a RB badly, but their secondary is also in pretty bad shape. They will either go RB or CB in the first round and pick the other in the second. They just have to many team needs to trade up like that IMHO of course. But on the other side of the coin it is the Texans so who knows they could be just crazy enough to give us that.

Actually both Carolina (lost DeShaun Foster to free agency + DeAngelo Williams unproven and more of a scatback) and Arizona (Edge is running on his last legs, Arrington is a bust, Marcel Shipp has never stepped up) are definitely in need of a feature back - trust me, Coach John Fox and Ken Whisenhunt's offensive philosophy is the power running game...

I could of swore I saw on some reports from one of the sites (pro football talk, rotoworld) were they had discussed if Edge would be a cap casuality closer to the summer...... Maybe he would be a candidate for restructure or ship out :dunno:

He turns 30 in the summer and has had a lot of wear on his tires since he came in the league. For some reason 30 seems to be the magic number for a RB to start declining, I guess it is simply from the beating they take every game.

Also, with Fitz's huge contract it could force them to make some tough decisions with other players on the roster.

While doing some draft analysis, I've read that after the combine, several teams were extremely high on Mendenhall and Stewart. My thoughts are the best scenario would be if a team who needs a running back badly (i.e. Carolina -13, Chicago -14, Detriot -15, Arizona -16, and Houston -18) would be willing to part ways with an extra pick or two (according to equal value from the draft chart basically Carolina/Chicago would have to give up an extra 3rd rounder, Detroit - 3rd and 4th rounder, Houston - 2nd rounder), why not move down a couple of spots and we would still be able to probably pick up one of Rivers, McKelvin, or DRC???

If no corner is off the board yet and the two DT's are gone then yes I would make that move but not past 15. We still have to land one of the top 3 corners.

James is indeed in jeopardy of getting cut, but the Cards also want a CB so they can move Antrell Rolle to safety. The only problem with the RBs this year is that there are so darn many of them, you can stay put and pretty much get a good back.

James is indeed in jeopardy of getting cut, but the Cards also want a CB so they can move Antrell Rolle to safety. The only problem with the RBs this year is that there are so darn many of them, you can stay put and pretty much get a good back.

That is a very good point the only back I believe teams would trade up for at this point would be McFadden IMO, but a lot can change between now and draft day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom