Possible trade up for Myles Garrett? (1 Viewer)

eastlos82

Veteran
Reaction score
So I've been thinking, and wanted to see if this is even possible. Say we trade Cooks to philly and get their first round pick. Would packaging our first rounder with philly's first round and trading up to get Myles Garrett would that be something that is even possible. I'm not to familiar with the points each pick has and not sure if trading those two first rounders be enough to move up to take 1 pick over all. Could it be done and what does everyone here think about that scenario where we lad Garrett? Or should be just stay up and pick up and as many defensive pieces as we can?

So I've been thinking, and wanted to see if this is even possible. Say we trade Cooks to philly and get their first round pick. Would packaging our first rounder with philly's first round and trading up to get Myles Garrett would that be something that is even possible. I'm not to familiar with the points each pick has and not sure if trading those two first rounders be enough to move up to take 1 pick over all. Could it be done and what does everyone here think about that scenario where we lad Garrett? Or should be just stay up and pick up and as many defensive pieces as we can?

I mentioned this the other day in the larger Cooks thread. I think that if we trade Cooks before the draft, and we net a first rounder in the deal, that trading up (for Garrett even) is very much an option. It all begins in the trenches right? Games are won and lost on the offensive and defensive lines. If we could put Garett on the opposite side of Jordan, and next to Rankins or Fairley, that would be one of the best dlines in the NFL, and would make life incredibly easy for the rest of our defense.

No.

Draft Trade Chart | ProFootballTalk

Garret wont fall to the 3rd pick, and thats the only one 11+14 even has the value for, if that team would even make that trade (which they probably wouldnt)

We would need to give Cleveland both 1sts and probably next year's 1st *and* some more early round picks, since we are the ones trying to trade.

I think having 2 mid round 1sts helps us more than mortgaging several high picks on one player.

FYI two firsts at 11 and 14 don't net the overall #1 in the traditional draft pick chart.

More like it would require those two firsts, a second and third this year, or some combination including a pick next year one round higher than it's equivalent this year.

Also, philosophically there's no way I'd want to. Sure things at any position don't exist and infatuated teams make bad moves, or have decided they need their quarterback of the future whatever the cost. That's not us.

I mentioned this the other day in the larger Cooks thread. I think that if we trade Cooks before the draft, and we net a first rounder in the deal, that trading up (for Garrett even) is very much an option. It all begins in the trenches right? Games are won and lost on the offensive and defensive lines. If we could put Garett on the opposite side of Jordan, and next to Rankins or Fairley, that would be one of the best dlines in the NFL, and would make life incredibly easy for the rest of our defense.

My bad, didn't see your post on this matter.

No.

Garret wont fall to the 3rd pick, and thats the only one 11+14 even has the value for, if that team would even make that trade (which they probably wouldnt)

We would need to give Cleveland both 1sts and probably next year's 1st *and* some more early round picks, since we are the ones trying to trade.

I think having 2 mid round 1sts helps us more than mortgaging several high picks on one player.

The interesting thing is that the Browns have 11 picks, and like 5 in the first 65 picks. I wonder if we could move the picks and a player instead of a 1st next year. It seems that they would want some veteran presence on such a young team. I wonder (getting creative) what player plus picks we could send for #1, and then, what else could we get back from them. Don't they want to get rid of Joe Haden?

My bad, didn't see your post on this matter.

No, its not a problem, its an interesting talking point that is sure to generate some red thumbs, but its a conversation worth having. How often do we talk about the draft, but we fear discussing things of this nature.

No, we'd need to give up more... and I wouldn't love the idea, either. We're more than just a pass-rusher away from being a contender; we need help at all 3 levels of defence to make this team competitive. If we get a second first rounder, we'll need both of them, plus others to really make things work. As great as Garrett will probably be, getting 2 really good players, (for example) Marshon Lattimore and Charles Harris, and hopefully some more solid starters later on, would be what's going to put the team back in the hunt.

No interest. We're not one player away. And Garrett is not Superman. How many games did the Aggies lose this year? And in how many games against major teams, did Garrett not have a major impact? I concede that he is the top prospect in this year's draft, and nobody is a close second. But the price to trade up to the first pick will be huge and far greater than anything we can afford.

I repeat: We are not one player away.

No interest. We're not one player away. And Garrett is not Superman. How many games did the Aggies lose this year? And in how many games against major teams, did Garrett not have a major impact? I concede that he is the top prospect in this year's draft, and nobody is a close second. But the price to trade up to the first pick will be huge and far greater than anything we can afford.

I repeat: We are not one player away.

Agree 100%. We're not one player (specifically a rookie) at any position away from winning it all. In addition, what we would have to give up for the #1 pick in the draft would make it not worth it. I would like our chances better having more picks, especially with we've drafted the past couple drafts.

No.

I agree with your last statement we could get two very good defensive starters at 11 and 18

If we love Garret, which I don't think we do, then anything is possible. There's a way out there to parlay what we have into many more picks. The more picks you have, the more things become possible.

Garrett has a world of physical talent, but I'm not sold that he's going to dominate like everyone predicts. Wasn't overly impressed in his drills. Not overly impressed with his film against the Better competition. Definitely impressed with his physical attributes, but not give up a whole bunch to move that high and grab him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom