Post a great song most people probably have never heard (1 Viewer)

I’m guessing maybe a person or two is familiar with this song.. BUT have you ever heard this version? Obviously no one can top Kenny & Dolly, but Fallon and Miley Cyrus (i know) do a really enjoyable version here...

ETA: for some reason it got removed from YouTube, but i found it on facebook, if you dont have facebook you may not be able to view it

Alright so if you are a particular fan of particular New Orleans singer/songwriters, then you already know Alex MacMurray (solo, royal fingerbowl, tin men, among others)
If you don’t know him you’re missing out

Stunningly beautiful song

He is no Benny Grunch & the Bunch.

If all anyone knew of the Marshall Tucker Band was their top 40 hits, they will have missed out on some really good southern blues rock. From Toy Caldwell's incredible guitar playing (only picked with his thumb), to Tommy Caldwell's creative baselines to Doug Gray's amazing vocals, they were a special band. I can almost feel the old Warehouse in New Orleans rocking when I listen to some of their stuff from the early to mid 70's. While I could have chosen Ramblin' or 24 Hours at a Time from the same album, I offer Everyday (I Have to Sing the Blues). It's worth it to stay for the whole 11:24.

Oh heck. Here is a live performance of Ramblin' which highlights Toy Caldwell's guitar work and Doug Gray's vocals.

Might as well give you 24 Hours at a Time too. Love the bass on this one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom