Saints Post a pic? (1 Viewer)

lets make a deal on that gleason jersey
Hahah, unfortunately I don’t believe I can do that, friend. ?

Honestly when I saw it, I nearly passed out because I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. I looked at it for about a minute trying to make sure it wasn’t a fake but nothing seemed out of place.

I’m not 100% sure, but I believe it might possibly be the very jersey in my signature since we only wore the throwbacks once while Gleason was here (2002 against the Buccaneers) and it’s tagged as a 2002 jersey inside the collar.

Hahah, unfortunately I don’t believe I can do that, friend. ?

Honestly when I saw it, I nearly passed out because I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. I looked at it for about a minute trying to make sure it wasn’t a fake but nothing seemed out of place.

I’m not 100% sure, but I believe it might possibly be the very jersey in my signature since we only wore the throwbacks once while Gleason was here (2002 against the Buccaneers) and it’s tagged as a 2002 jersey inside the collar.

lol i hear ya. I saw it right after u bought it. was stupid jealous.

My gamers and issued now include:

Brees, Bush, Colston, Sammy Knight, Carl Nicks, John Carney, Brooks, Lance Moore, Pierre Thomas, Joe Horn (2006 jersey, falcons game), and Pierson Prioleau. And i just sold 10 others lol including jahri evans, vilma, strief, henderson, etc

All besides Prioleau in my collection are saints hall of fame

lol i hear ya. I saw it right after u bought it. was stupid jealous.

My gamers and issued now include:

Brees, Bush, Colston, Sammy Knight, Carl Nicks, John Carney, Brooks, Lance Moore, Pierre Thomas, Joe Horn (2006 jersey, falcons game), and Pierson Prioleau. And i just sold 10 others lol including jahri evans, vilma, strief, henderson, etc

All besides Prioleau in my collection are saints hall of fame
Hahah, damn I guess I just beat you to it then. I was so skeptical though that I almost didn’t buy it. I couldn’t believe it when I saw it, I was thinking no way in hell it’s a gamer or issued jersey that it had to be either a fake or just a really nice knockoff, but I couldn’t find anything wrong with it scouring the pictures. Got to say though, I didn’t like the price I paid for it. ? It’s the one I paid the most for currently.

And ayeee! Nice, I’m sure you made some nice coin off the ones you sold though! You didn’t happen to sell that Will Smith jersey, did you?

My collection as it stands looks like this:
  • Gleason (throwback)
  • Fujita (gold alternate)
  • Vilma (home; signed and PSA authenticated)
  • Evans (home; signed and PSA authenticated)
  • Henderson (away; signed and PSA authenticated)
  • Colston (away)
  • Horn (home)
  • Turley (away)
Eventually the goal is to get them all signed, authenticated, and framed, but definitely still want to add to the collection. I should have a Brees, a Bush, and a few others on the Super Bowl team by now but just never got around to it, LOL. I tend to put them in my watch list and maybe I get around to buying it. ?

My latest purchase was an away, 1999 Mel Mitchell Puma jersey so I don’t know if you had your eye on that one or not but I finally got around to getting that one after having it watched for a year and change. ? However it’s funny you mention the Prioleau, that’s one I had watched for months as well and just never pulled the trigger. ?

I almost bought Meachem’s 2008 London game jersey awhile back, but it disappeared out my watch list and haven’t seen it since. Another one that comes to mind that got away is Harper’s jersey from the 2011 game @ Carolina where he blasted Steve Smith late after a huge TD and a full on melee ensued. ?

I have some other gamers/issued jerseys as well but they weren’t “prominent” players so what I do is depending on the jersey size, the numbers, and the nameplates, I buy them to strip the numbers and all to make other jerseys to wear when I get all the needed numbers and letters for the nameplates. Like for example some of the jerseys I bought like that include: Will Herring, Ramon Humber, Matt Tennant, Nate Bussey, Aubrayo Franklin, Jason Kyle, Johnny Patrick, Antwan Lake, Josh Savage, Montreal Holland, Patrick Ramsey, ect. There’s another jersey I have that didn’t have a nameplate on it, but I believe was a Buck Ortega jersey since it was a 2009 #86 jersey and that’s who PFR has listed as #86 in 2008-2009.

I made a Will Smith jersey out of the Savage jersey with the numbers from the Holland jersey (wore #61). I took the nameplate off the Franklin and once I got the letters I needed, turned it into a Norman Hand jersey since they both wore #99. I also made a Fujita jersey (before I bought the gold one) with the Tennant jersey and a set of 5’s from another jersey but I don’t remember which one. ?

There are other threads like this lurking, so don't be surprised if it gets merged.

While doing some "decluttering" the other day, I happened across a mailing tube that I didn't recognize, but had my name on it. Before tossing it, I figured I would check inside and much to my surprise, I found this print of Garret Hartley that had been ordered after the Saints won the Super Bowl.

For whatever reason, I had the Drew prints framed and matted but never got around to getting the Hartley print done. I can cut mats, but I cannot build frames (well) so if we ever get back to any sort of normal, I'll have to have it done up to match the others.
Glad I checked before I tossed the mailer and I guess I should "declutter" more than once every 10 years.

(sorry about the flash bomb and 'sidewardsness' of the 2 framed ones)

DSCN2850_pix.JPG

DSCN2853.JPG

DSCN2852.JPG
Go to your local secondhand store and you’ll find they have some truly dreadful prints in some beautiful wood frames. It will cost you 5-10 dollars and you can cut the mats to fit the frames ?

Hahah, damn I guess I just beat you to it then. I was so skeptical though that I almost didn’t buy it. I couldn’t believe it when I saw it, I was thinking no way in hell it’s a gamer or issued jersey that it had to be either a fake or just a really nice knockoff, but I couldn’t find anything wrong with it scouring the pictures. Got to say though, I didn’t like the price I paid for it. ? It’s the one I paid the most for currently.

And ayeee! Nice, I’m sure you made some nice coin off the ones you sold though! You didn’t happen to sell that Will Smith jersey, did you?

• Gleason (throwback)
  • Colston (away)
  • Horn (home)
  • Turley (away)
Eventually the goal is to get them all signed, authenticated, and framed, but definitely still want to add to the collection. I should have a Brees, a Bush, and a few others on the Super Bowl team by now but just never got around to it, LOL. I tend to put them in my watch list and maybe I get around to buying it. ?

My latest purchase was an away, 1999 Mel Mitchell Puma jersey so I don’t know if you had your eye on that one or not but I finally got around to getting that one after having it watched for a year and change. ? However it’s funny you mention the Prioleau, that’s one I had watched for months as well and just never pulled the trigger. ?

I almost bought Meachem’s 2008 London game jersey awhile back, but it disappeared out my watch list and haven’t seen it since. Another one that comes to mind that got away is Harper’s jersey from the 2011 game @ Carolina where he blasted Steve Smith late after a huge TD and a full on melee ensued. ?

I have some other gamers/issued jerseys as well but they weren’t “prominent” players so what I do is depending on the jersey size, the numbers, and the nameplates, I buy them to strip the numbers and all to make other jerseys to wear when I get all the needed numbers and letters for the nameplates. Like for example some of the jerseys I bought like that include: Will Herring, Ramon Humber, Matt Tennant, Nate Bussey, Aubrayo Franklin, Jason Kyle, Johnny Patrick, Antwan Lake, Josh Savage, Montreal Holland, Patrick Ramsey, ect. There’s another jersey I have that didn’t have a nameplate on it, but I believe was a Buck Ortega jersey since it was a 2009 #86 jersey and that’s who PFR has listed as #86 in 2008-2009.

I made a Will Smith jersey out of the Savage jersey with the numbers from the Holland jersey (wore #61). I took the nameplate off the Franklin and once I got the letters I needed, turned it into a Norman Hand jersey since they both wore #99. I also made a Fujita jersey (before I bought the gold one) with the Tennant jersey and a set of 5’s from another jersey but I don’t remember which one. ?

Damn bro that’s an awesome collection. I was watching the Mel Mitchell too. By any chance is that antwan lake a black jersey and do u still have it?

These are a pair of Tracy Porter's cleats that my sister won at a charity auction like 10 years ago. They were allegedly the cleats he wore during the SB (though, I'm not sure about that)....she gave them to my son (her godson)....

1586273851041.png

Superdome 2000 Playoffs - Who Let the Dogs Out? Woof! Woof!
I know, the cheapo French Market sweatshirt says Woop instead of Woof.
It was WOOF! :hihi:
1586274562868.png

• Gleason (throwback)
  • Colston (away)
  • Horn (home)
  • Turley (away)

alan, send me a message bro

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom