Post a picture of your boat! (1 Viewer)

Very cool pix! No boat here, my philosophy about boats is what it used to be about pools--it's better to have friends with them than to own one myself. I just show up at the dock with gas money and beer, and you get the maintenance and repair bills :hihi:

However, my wife talked me into buying a house with an in-ground pool, and now she is starting about a boat. I reminded her that we also needs a vehicle to pull it, or a dock at which to park it. we'll see :)

Very cool pix! No boat here, my philosophy about boats is what it used to be about pools--it's better to have friends with them than to own one myself. I just show up at the dock with gas money and beer, and you get the maintenance and repair bills :hihi:

However, my wife talked me into buying a house with an in-ground pool, and now she is starting about a boat. I reminded her that we also needs a vehicle to pull it, or a dock at which to park it. we'll see :)

One thing that irks me about being the one with the boat is no one ever offers to help clean. Just get back in and they leave.

One thing that irks me about being the one with the boat is no one ever offers to help clean. Just get back in and they leave.

I've had friends and family borrow my truck and return it looking like it went through a mud bog and with the fuel tank on empty. As a result, I always offer to help clean boats for those kind enough to offer a day on the bay/river/ocean.

The truck is not a go-to-the-dump beater, it's a 1982 S-10 with a 385 stroker. About due for some new paint, but otherwise very clean.

Your point is well-taken.

Holy Carp! When are we going whaling in that big one? :hihi:

I meant, Tuna Fishing, sorry! Sometimes I just thinks too big when I get excited. :)

I usually head over to Venice during January and leave the boat there for a while to head to the lump, but haven't the past couple years. Been to darn busy, but cobia season starts April 1 and hoping I've got all my winter work done by then so I can do some fishing. Work stinks. It interferes with fishing and drinking.

My boat-- the Namor '74 (18. 5 ft. 1996 Bayliner Capri w/ a Force 120 outboard). Nice little used boat I picked up in Panama City Beach after Katrina. All I need and it does right by me. Mostly take it out to the Mississippi Gulf Islands for exploring camping and such, but also out on the Lake and sometimes to the bayous on the West Bank. Took it to Destin one time, that was fun.

Attachments

• at Petit Bois.jpg
    at Petit Bois.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0157.jpg
    IMG_0157.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 14
th

Oh wait, never mind.

:ezbill:

I just went fishing with my buddy in Golden Meadow. Holy cow it was freakin cold. We caught 23 specks and 1 red off the bank.

The cold was too much for us LOL

SR members have some nice looking rigs. I wish we could do an annual fishing rodeo like we do with the SR Golf tournament.

u7anyva3.jpg

Two new etecs on the whaler. Can't wait to get off shore. Took advantage of the free re rigging winter sale evinrude put on but my wallet still hurts.

u7anyva3.jpg

Two new etecs on the whaler. Can't wait to get off shore. Took advantage of the free re rigging winter sale evinrude put on but my wallet still hurts.

Got to run it yesterday. It runs like a dream. I went down 50 hp and about 100 lbs from old Mercs to the etecs but the hole shot is unreal. Wish I replaced them 2 years ago. Should be many fishing trips this summer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom