Billy Miller
solid TE
Gramatica K
we already resigned him

New Deals
Colston WR
Evans OG
Will Smith DE

the Saints want to improve our team this offseason and have already shown some signs of doing so.

FA:
Asante Samuel CB
a huge deal, but he will not see a lot of the money, he is a top FA this year and the Saint's are sussposed to be the front runner to get him at this point, he may not be worth 100 million dollars but that's why contracts are often back loaded
asante.jpg

Kawika Mitchell OLB
a solid LB signing, he will be an instant upgrade over Shanle

We probally sign a few guys we have never heard of as well

Trades:
round one pick 10 to green bay, for their 1st and 3rd round picks and Corey Williams
The Packers are trying to trade williams so this trade give them the chance at elite talent while giving us a solid pash rush up the middle.

Saint's trade the jets for Vilma
(Saint's 3rd round pick that they got from Packers and a conditional 4th in 09 that may become a 3rd)
We want vilma and this should be enough to make the Jets happy to make the trade

Saints trade down in 2nd round for an extra 4th round pick

The Draft:

Round 1 pick 30: Kenny Phillips FS Miami
he fell into the late first round after a less than great combine preformance, but probally won't fall past the Giants
KennyPhillips.jpg

Round 2: Marcus Howard OLB/DE
will give us a pass rushing weapon on passing downs
2006122537.jpg

Round 3: Eddie Royal WR/KR
he is an excellent kick returner and could be a solid #3 receiver
vatech.jpg

Round 4A: Josh Johnson QB
he had some poor throws at the combine which probally knock him out of the first round, but he is an amazing athlete and has amazing potiental and I think he should be considered BPA if he is available here. He also gets small school bonus points with Payton
496559.jpg

Round 4B: Frank Okam DT
rumors about work ethic, and weight cause him to be available in the 4th, but he still has great potiential and can take over for Hollis Thomas when he retires
77172610.jpg

Round 5: Jacob Taame TE
he had a pretty good combine but he had to compete with some amazing preformances which is why he could be available here.
tamme.jpg

Round 6: Jordan Dizon OLB
he's not someone who is physically impresive but he gets the job done, he could end up being an excellent choice at least as a back up.
8zmx93ic.jpg

Round 7: John Sullivan C
he has potiental but needs to improve in some areas, but we all know that Payton needs at least one Oline guy or he'll be angry. He can end up being a solid or even great center.
jsullivan.jpg

UDFA

Kurt Hout DT
He probally won't be drafted but he is a small div-II player from Ferris State, the thing I like about him is his speed for a DT, and it wouldn't hurt to sign him
hout_action.jpg

Depth Chart:
QB: Brees, Palko, Johnson
RB: Reggie, Duece, Thomas
FB: Karney
LT: Brown
LG: Alleman
C: Faine
RG: Evans
RT: Strief/Stinchcomb

RE: Will Smith
DT: Hollis Thomas, Frank Okam
DT: Corey Williams
LE: Grant, Marcus Howard
OLB: Fujita
MLB: Vilma
OLB: Kawika Mitchell
CB: Samuel, Young
CB: McKenzie, Jason David
FS: Kenny Phillips
SS: Roman Harper

K: Gramatica
P: Weatherford
KR: Eddie Royal
PR: Eddie Royal
KO: Mare

It's not very realistic but it is possible

would love the trade for corey williams, one of the first time ive seen it mentioned but it seems reasonable and would be a great pick up for us

The trade for Williams is great but i dont think phillips would be there besides if we did that we should be all over lofton or mayo so Okam wont be there in the 4, tamme wont be there in the 5th but i love this draft cept for phillips

Trades eh? I wouldn't mind this as the off-season at all. I am kind of so-so on trades versus picking up fresh meat in the draft. There is value on both sides of that coin. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom