Post-Cut Guards (1 Viewer)

rockthedox

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
We've got to pick someone up after teams start making cuts, right?

Who do you think is worth looking at and who will be available?

Can you see any realistic trade scenario where we pick up a guard?

Good question. I'm looking forward to answers from the board. But if the FO wanted to replace him, we would've made an offer on Slauson months ago.

As such I suspect he's staying on (with help from Unger most plays). Or upgraded in house (i.e. Kelemete, Turner).

So you think someone else's trash will be a significant improvement?

well...yeah.

We're overstocked at RB right now and we're going to have to let some higher than average quality guys go. Makes sense that there are those in a similar situation with an overstock of OL talent.

I think Lelito is a solid backup and would probably be fine at LG if we could get a decent RG. There's just too much uncertainty right now and we need someone solid to come in. Not spectacular, just solid.

FO blew it when they didn't go all out when Slauson was cut by Chicago. A vet guard that excelled at pass blocking. 2 late now.

We have two back up quality guards and a tackle that has never played guard in college for two starting spots. And a host of udfa lineman that people thought would be our saving grace. Sounds like a disaster on its way.

An aging Jahri seems more palatable now. Just tough on the wallet.

Much respect to Jahri but I think the saints front office made the right call. It was time to move on. What we have now has higher upside at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Jahri Evans cut was the right thing. All this dead money is killing us.

We need more one yr deals and fewer long term contracts for these vets extorting us for retirement money. I think this would be a good place for 1 yr deal for a serviceable vet.

We need more Finnegan type deals.

What we need is a unfair like Turner to work out for us

I do long for the days when we had dominate interior linemen. It was glorious to witness, even if short lived.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom